STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Chef Stuart O’Keeffe from AOL’s Kitchen Daily 101 stopped by KCAL9 Monday to share some of his favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes.
Here are some of his favorite dishes:
Smooth Colcannon Mashed Potatoes
1lb russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
2 cups cabbage, roughly shredded
2 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1 teaspoon Salt and pepper
1. Boil potatoes in salted water until a knife goes through easily, about 25-35 minutes
2. Drain and place potatoes into a ricer and pass through.
3. Heat butter and milk, add to hot potatoes and stir with a spatula to combine all ingredients.
4. Add chopped Cabbage and scallions, Stir until well combined.
5. Season with salt and pepper until desired flavor is achieved. Enjoy.
Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes
200ml Guinness Stout
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
6 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 scoops chocolate ice cream
50ml Whole milk
1 square of dark chocolate
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Pour mixture into tall glasses, top with some whipped cream and grate some chocolate shavings on top!