Only On CBS2: South LA Family Claims Pizza Shop Served Them Pot On Their Pie
SOUTH LA (CBSLA.com) — A family says a pizza they were served at a local restaurant was laced with drugs and sent them to the emergency room.
“It was a like a rush, sweating, heart beating real fast,” grandmother Ava Farley said of how she felt after eating several slices of the mushroom pizza this weekend.
The symptoms her 10-year-old grandson, Clintay Jones, was experiencing were far worse.
“He started cussing, going off, talking crazy, ran out the door butt naked,” Farley said.
“I started feeling like dizzy and like crazy,” the young boy said.
Farley and her grandson became so sick they had to be rushed to LA County/USC Medical Center. Doctors told them their urine turned up traces of marijuana intoxication.
The grandmother said doctors began questioning Jones as to whether he had been exposed to pot at home.
“They questioned him like, ‘Have you had any of this? Did you do this? Is there anything in the house? Is this normal?’ No, all we had was pizza,” Farley said.
Farley’s granddaughters both ate the pizza and didn’t get sick but they both had taken off the mushrooms. She believes it was the mushrooms that were tainted and filed a police report.
CBS2/KCAL9 is not naming the South LA pizza shop because police say they haven’t begun their investigation.
Eduardo Selbereo, who owns the pizza restaurant, says he can’t believe the accusations.
“No, that’s incredible, because nobody smokes marijuana right here,” Selbereo said.
Farley says she just wants to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else. She’s hired an attorney and says her family may sue.
“I think that it’s a threat to the community,” the grandmother said.
The LA County Department of Health reports the shop has been rated a 95 on a 100-point scale.