Chef Damon Gordon Of Water Grill Shares Famous Cioppino Recipe
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Chef Damon Gordon from Water Grill visited the KCAL9 studios Thursday to demo one of the eatery’s most popular dishes.
Cioppino is a fish stew that can be served for “Fish Fridays” during Lent.
It is one of the restaurant’s most popular dishes with ingredients such as crab, shrimp and fresh fish, mixed into an easy-to-make shellfish broth.
1 oz blended oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp shallots
½ tsp chili flakes
¼ bulb shaved fennel (optional)
2 oz salmon
½ can chopped peeled tomatoes
1 T lumped crab meat
2 pieces of shrimp
1 T orange Juice
6 oz clam juice
½ T of lemon juice
1. Heat pot. Add oil, garlic, shallots, and chili flakes. Sauté 1 minute.
2. Add fennel (option) and cook for ½ minute.
3. Add clam juice and fish. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, crab meat mussels, clams and shrimp in and stir. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Add orange juice and lemon juice.
Serve with grilled sourdough bread.