Local

Missing Arleta Man, 72, Found Safe

View Comments
(credit: LAPD)

(credit: LAPD)

Top Features
textalerts180 Missing Arleta Man, 72, Found Safe

ARLETA (CBSLA.com) — A missing 72-year-old Arleta man was found safe Thursday morning.

Jose Cervantes flagged down a passing LAPD police car near the 118 Freeway and De Soto Avenue around 9 a.m.

“He told the officers he was lost, but he knew where he lived,” Lt. Paul Vernon said.  “So the officers drove him home to a nice reunion.”

Cervantes’ family said he had been missing since noon Wednesday.

Police say the incident was a good reminder to families with elderly or anyone whose memory can be challenged, to sew their identity into clothing, or ask them to wear a medic alert bracelet.  This will ensure they have identifying information, which can aid police in reuniting the lost person with family.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,659 other followers