Street Closures Take Effect For Oscar Prep
HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA.com) — A host of streets are expected to close Sunday evening in preparation for next weekend’s 86th Academy Awards ceremony.
Starting at 10 p.m., Hollywood Boulevard between Orange Drive and Highland Avenue is expected to close and will remain shut to traffic through 6 a.m. on March 4. Other closures taking effect include:
• South sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Orange Drive to Highland Avenue, except 8-foot pedestrian access;
• All lanes of Hollywood Boulevard from the southeast corner of Orange Drive to Highland Avenue;
• North sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Dolby Theatre portal;
• Balance of north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland Avenue to Orange Drive allowing 8-foot pedestrian access;
• Pedestrian crosswalk, mid-block on Hollywood Boulevard between Orange Drive and Highland Avenue;
• South curb lane of Hawthorn Avenue from Highland Avenue to Orange Drive;
• Hawthorn Alley behind El Capitan Theatre from 300 feet east of Orange Drive east to the “T” alley. The remainder of Hawthorn Alley to remain open from the “T” east to Highland Avenue.
In addition, some sidewalks, alleyways, and curb lanes surrounding Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue have already been closed. For more information, click here.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)