Serve Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Rolls At Your Holiday Party!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Are you throwing a holiday party?
Rob Hester, GM of Cheesecake Factory at The Grove, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to show viewers different items from their holiday menu and how to make their Vietnamese Shrimp Rolls!
Vietnamese Shrimp Rolls Recipe:
• 8 ea. Rice Paper Wrappers*
• 4 cups Hot Water
• 8 ea. Whole Spinach Leaves, cleaned with stems removed
• 4 oz. Rice Noodles, boiled & cooled*
• 8 ea. Asparagus, blanched, cut into 5” pieces
• 2 oz. Carrots, julienne 1/8” x 1/8” x 2”
• 4 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced 1/4” thick, steamed & cooled
• 1 oz. Green Onions, cut into1/4” pieces
• 2 oz. Bean Sprouts
• 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves
• 8 ea. Shrimp (medium), cooked, split lengthwise in half with tails removed
• 4 oz. Sweet & Spicy Red Chile Dipping Sauce**
• 4 oz. Thai Peanut Sauce**
*Available in the Asian section of most grocery stores.
**Excellent recipes can be found on the internet. Prepared products are also available in the Asian section of most grocery stores
1. Remove the rice paper wrappers from the packaging and place (a few at a time) into a bowl of hot water. Soak the wrappers until they become soft and pliable (approximately 1 to 2 minutes). Be sure to separate the wrappers as they soak.
2. Remove the wrappers from the water, allowing any excess water to drain off and place onto a clean work surface.
3. Set one piece of spinach onto the center of each wrapper. Place two pieces of shrimp onto the wrapper 1/2″ above the spinach leaf.
4. Begin layering equal portions of all the ingredients (as they are listed above) on top of the spinach and shrimp.
5. Carefully fold the sides of the wrapper inward and over the filling. Gently lift the lower edge of the wrapper up and over the filling. Begin rolling the roll as tightly as possible, being very careful not to tear the wrapper.
6. Arrange the rolls on a platter or individual serving dishes with the dipping sauces.
Serves 4 (2 rolls each)