LA Kicks Off Recyling Program For Used Cooking Oil, Grease
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The City of Los Angeles is launching a recycling program for used kitchen oil and grease this weekend.
Those with leftovers from frying Thanksgiving turkeys and “Thanksgivukkah” latkes can bring their used cooking oil to designated recycling locations.
The city is accepting leftover cooking oil and grease Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m at the following locations:
- 11025 Randall St., Sun Valley
- 10241 N. Balboa Blvd., Northridge
- 4600 Colorado Blvd., Los Angeles
- 2649 E. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles
- 1400 N. Gaffey St., San Pedro
- 7660 W. Imperial Highway, Gate B, Playa del Rey
Used oil should be brought in a closed, leak-proof container.