Local

50 Cent Pleads No Contest To Vandalism Charges

View Comments
Top Features
textalerts180 50 Cent Pleads No Contest To Vandalism Charges

LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) — Rapper 50 Cent has been sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to vandalism in a case filed after an alleged fight with his ex-girlfriend earlier this year.

Los Angeles City Attorney’s spokesman Frank Mateljan says the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was ordered on Monday to pay $7,100 in restitution and take year of domestic violence classes.

The alleged victim, model Daphne Narvaez, said a June argument with the rapper got so heated that she locked herself in the bathroom of her Toluca Lake condominium. Narvaez alleged Jackson kicked in a door and kicked her, but the domestic violence charge was dropped Monday.

The pair were reportedly involved in a three-year relationship and have a child together.

Jackson had previously pleaded not guilty to destroying items in his ex-girlfriend’s condo during the argument in which prosecutors alleged Jackson caused an estimated $7,100 in damage and left the model’s home before police arrived.

Mateljan says the rapper must comply with a restraining order. 

Attorney Scott Leemon said Jackson is pleased the case is resolved and the domestic violence charge was dropped.

RELATED STORIES:

Rapper 50 Cent Charged For Allegedly Kicking Ex-Girlfriend

50 Cent Pleads Not Guilty To Domestic Violence Charges

Rapper 50 Cent Responds To Domestic Violence Charges On Social Media

(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,531 other followers