Man Rescued From Chimney At Westlake District Apartment Building
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Firefighters Friday rescued a man from the chimney of a four-story apartment building in the Westlake District.
Firefighters were sent to the 2700 block of West Eighth Street about 6:20 a.m., Los Angeles Fire spokesman Erik Scott said.
The man, who was stuck 30 feet down the chimney, was freed by firefighters after they gained access to the chimney near the basement, Scott said.
He was taken to a hospital for examination.
Police officers were also sent to the scene to investigate why the man was in the chimney.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)