RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen Celebrates National Seafood Month!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Celebrate National Seafood Month in October!
Executive Chef Mohan Ismail from RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to show viewers how to make a flavorful seafood dish that will impress the guests!
Vietnamese Shrimp and Crab with Glass Noodles
Canola oil: 2 Tbl
Shrimp, peeled, deveined U15: 8 ea
Cracked Black pepper: pinch
Cilantro Stems, chopped: 2 Tbl
Garlic, minced: 1 Tbl
Ginger, minced: 1 Tbl
Shallots, minced: 1 Tbl
Red jalapeno, whole, sliced: 5 slices
Fermented soy beans: 2 Tbl
Coconut water ( 3 fz), frozen, defrosted: ½ cup
Fish sauce, 3 crab: 2 Tbl
Palm sugar, crushed: 1 Tbl
Soy sauce: 1 Tbl
Cilantro sprigs: 6 each
Glass noodles, soaked: 8 oz
Crab meat: 4 oz
Celery leaves: 8 each
1. Heat oil in heavy gauge pan to a light sizzle
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add shrimp to the pan and cook till it just barely turns bright pink
3. Add the cilantro, garlic, ginger, shallots, red jalapeno and fermented beans to the pan with the shrimp
4. Stir to incorporate
5. Pour the coconut water fish sauce, soy sauce, cilantro sprigs and palm sugar into the pan
6. Bring it to a light simmer
7. Add the soaked glass noodles and crab meat and the into the pan
8. Stir to soften the noodles
9. Sprinkle the celery leaves randomly over the noodles