Jessie Jane From Lilyshop Shows Viewers DIY Fashion Accessories!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) You can just do it yourself!
Jessie Jane, the founder of Lilyshop, stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to show viewers different DIY fashion accessories!
Feather Duster Clutch
What you need
• 1 feather duster
• 1 plain clutch
• Tacky glue or hot glue
• Fabric, sequin, or ribbon trim
1. Remove all the feathers from your feather duster by gently pulling them from the handle.
2. Trim the bottoms of your feathers so there is no stem showing.
3. Turn your feathers upside down and place the bottoms of the feathers at the top of the clutch and glue them at the base. The top of the feather will freely hang down. Continue gluing the feathers in a line, overlapping a bit, so everything is covered.
4. Using fabric trim, cover the glued feather bases at the top of your clutch so it looks finished.
The classic feather clutch is a go to for a night out on the town.
Feather purses can be very expensive and even if you were to make your own feather clutch with store bought feathers it could be very pricey.
What most people do not know is that feather dusters are made with high-quality soft Ostrich feathers. This makes them perfect for our DIY clutch.
What you need
• 1 pair of pumps (or converse)
• Gold, Silver, or Black Pyramid or Cone Studs from www.studsandspikes.com
• Pliers or something with a flat metal edge
• Tacky Glue
1. Decide where you want to place your studs and poke the stud through the fabric and bend the little metal tabs down with your fingers or something metal.
2. If you are studding pumps or leather shoes use the cone studs instead and simply dot with a little tacky glue and then place on the shoe. Let dry overnight before using.
Tips: a) If you are doing a large area it’s best to use something metal to bend the metal tabs down as your fingers will start to hurt.
b) Super thin fabric does not work with the studs because it tends to rip.
Studded shoes are all the rage right now.
Top celebrities are being photographed in studded shoes, jackets, and even being seen with studded bags.
DIY Peter Pan Collar Necklaces
What you need
• (1) 8.5” x 11” piece of felt
• Sequins, beads, or pearls
• Tacky glue
• Template from Lilyshop.com
1. Download the template from Lilyshop.com and print it out.
2. Cut the template and trace it onto your felt.
3. Glue your beads and sequins to your collar necklace and let dry.
4. Attach your ribbon to the back of your necklace, making sure it’s long enough to tie around your neck. Let everything dry for 14 hours.
These collar necklaces are selling for hundreds of dollars in department stores, and you can make them for under $10.
The DIY version is super easy and affordable.