Lamar Odom Faces Hearing Over Clash With Paparazzo

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Former Los Angeles Laker and Clipper Lamar Odom is expected to appear at a hearing in the City Attorney’s Office to answer to accusations he destroyed a paparazzo’s equipment last month.

Odom, 33, was allegedly involved in an altercation with a celebrity photographer who was following the athlete in Hollywood July 10.

A video, sold by photographers following the incident, shows the basketball player allegedly breaking into a photographer’s vehicle and throwing a bag of equipment onto the pavement.

Los Angeles police have not said what led to the incident.

The District Attorney’s Office declined to pursue charges, citing insufficient evidence, and has referred the matter to the City Attorney’s Office for consideration of a misdemeanor case.

Charges against Odom have not been filed.

A spokesperson for the Attorney’s Office, Frank Mateljan, told City News Service the athlete still faces a hearing on the case, a date for which has yet to be determined.

“No action is anticipated following the hearing,” Mateljan said.

Mateljan noted prosecutors reserve the right to file charges up to a year after the alleged incident occurred.

Odom is married to reality television star Khloé Kardashian Odom.

(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live