Celebrate Taco Tuesday At Café Rio Mexican Grill!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — It’s Taco Tuesday!
Jennifer Burns, a spokesperson from Café Rio Mexican Grill, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to share the restaurant’s specials!
Café Rio Mexican Grill Facts:
- With a “no microwaves and no freezers” policy at every location, Cafe Rio sets the standard for fresh Mexican cuisine and distinguishes themselves from the competition.
- Each location starts early, hand-squeezing over 1,000 limes, hand-scooping fresh avocados and making award-winning Mexican recipes from scratch.
- Every tortilla is handmade to order in front of each customer.
- The hard work and dedication demonstrated by each team member has paid off with over 60 national awards for Cafe Rio’s made-from-scratch meals.
- Cafe Rio Mexican Grill, Inc., headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, has been serving its loyal customers fresh Mexican food since 1997.
- Their menu is inspired by the traditional Mexican cooking found in the Rio Grande region of Northern Mexico, Southern Texas, and New Mexico.
- Cafe Rio specializes in serving its customers the highest-quality, made from scratch Mexican meals, using only the freshest ingredients.
Burns also shared a Guacamole with Fresh Tomatoes recipe:
- 4 avocados
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion, finely diced
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, diced
Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the seed and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. In a large bowl mash the avocados with a fork until they reach a smooth consistency. Stir in salt, onion, lime juice and cilantro. Garnish with tomato on top. Cover tightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for best flavor.