Enjoy Summer Meals On A Stick!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Try some summertime skewers!
Chef Chris Brugler of Chris Brugler Catering stopped by KCAL9 Monday to show viewers how to make fun summer meals on a stick!
MAPLE SCENTED BACON WRAPPED DATES WITH MANCHEGO CHEESE
Makes 2 servings
6 slices of bacon
6 pitted Medjool Dates
6 – 1 inch sticks of Manchego cheese
Maple syrup to drizzle
- Pre – heat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Place the bacon on a sheet tray and par cook for 3 minutes on each side. (You want the bacon to be flexible, but no longer raw). Place the bacon on a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess grease and cool.
- Slice each date in half and place the cheese in the center, then wrap ½ piece of bacon around the outside and secure with a toothpick. Put the toothpick through the end of the bacon so the bacon doesn’t fold up during the cooking process.
- Place bacon wrapped dates on a baking tray. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until your desired likeness. Drizzle the warm dates with maple syrup.
- Let them cool for 4 minutes before you serve.
Salad Skewers on a stick (glazed pecan, cherry tomato, goat cheese wrapped with a spinach leaf)
12- Cherry tomatoes
12 – Yellow peppers
12- Spinach or basil leaves
12- Glazed pecans
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive Oil to taste
Balsamic Vinegar to taste
- 1. Soak the skewers in water for an hour
- 2. Wrap pecan, cherry tomato and a bit of goat cheese then pierce with a skewer.
- 3. Season with salt and pepper
- 4. Drizzle with vinegar and oil