STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Stephanie Alves, the founder and owner of ABL Denim and The Able Tailor, a company dedicated to providing clothing design solutions for people with special needs, visited the KCAL9 studios Monday.
Alves demonstrated her “adaptive” jean collection which has features that make dressing easier and more comfortable for people with disabilities.
• Hook and bar closure with a button for show only that’s easier for people with finger dexterity limitations, even arthritis
• Side zippers with rubber pulls for people with finger or hand dexterity issues enabling easier dressing or bathroom use
• For wheelchair users, front pockets are eliminated and a leg pocket is added for phone or wallet
• Back yoke eliminated and CB seam is inside out
• Leg zippers can be added for catheter users or amputees to accommodate prostheses
For more information, click here.