Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Chef Ryan Legaux of Harold and Belle’s visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to promote the “Taste of Soul” event at L.A. Live this weekend!
He also showed viewers how to prepare a classic Creole dish, a catfish po’boy.
The “Taste of Soul” has become the most popular family festival in Southern California as over 300,000 people attended the one day festival in 2012. The food festival is part of the larger BET Experience event, a three day festival at L.A. Live that includes live concerts, a fan fest, and a film festival.
The festival is free for all and visitors are just required to sign up online at betexperience.com for the free events. On-site sign-up will also be available at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Friday, June 28 through Sunday, June 30, 2013.
• ½ lb. fresh catfish cut into nuggets
• 1 Tsp. Harold & Belle’s Creole Seasoning
• 1 lb. Harold & Belle’s Fish Fry
• 2 Eggs
• 1 Gallon Canola Oil
• 1 French Roll
• 1 Sliced Tomato
• ¼ Cup Dill Pickle Chips
• ¼ Cup Mayo
1. Season catfish with H&B Creole seasoning
2. Beat eggs and add ¼ cup of water
3. Dip all catfish in egg mixture
4. Toss catfish in fish fry making sure all pieces are completely breaded
5. Place breaded catfish into 350 degree oil and let it cook for 5 min.
6. Remove catfish from oil and place on French bread
7. Add mayo, lettuce, tomato, and pickles as desired