Taking Summer Trips But Want To Stay Fit? Workout On The Go With Just A ‘Rubber Band’!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Get fit for summer!
Spectrum Athletic Club Trainer and former “Survivor” contestant, Matty Whitmore, stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to show viewers workout tips specifically utilizing a resistance band!
A resistance band, which Whitmore refers to as a “rubber band”, is a small, light and affordable workout tool that can be used on the go or during traveling.
Examples of exercises:
- Shoulder Abduction– Stand on the center of the band and grab of either end with your hands. Raise your arms out to your side then upward and over your head. Slowly return to starting position and repeat.
- Chest Press—Wrap the band around a sturdy object behind you at chest level. Begin with the elbows bent to 90 degrees, forearms parallel to the floor. Keep the right arm stationary and press the left arm out. Bring the left arm back and then press forward with the right arm. Continue alternating arms on each side.
- Bicep Curl—Stand on the band and grasp either end with palms facing out. Keeping abs in and knees slightly bent, bend arms and bring palms toward shoulders in a bicep curl. Position feet wider for more tension.
- Pushup—Begin on knees or toes and wrap the band over your back, holding onto the ends with both hands flat on the floor. Loop the band to add tension and bend elbows into pushup.
- Standing Hip Abduction—Tie the band around your ankles in a loop. Raise your leg out to the side as high as you can while contracting your butt and hip muscles.
- Lunges– Stand with right leg forward, left leg back and band positioned under right leg. Maintain tension on the band by bending your elbows, lower into a lunge until both knees are at 90 degrees, front knee behind the toe.
For more information, visit Spectrum Athletic Club.