BEVERLY HILLS (CBSLA.com) — A misdemeanor case has been dismissed against actor Michael Nouri involving an alleged situation of domestic violence involving a woman he was dating, his attorney said Wednesday.
“The District Attorney’s Office came to the conclusion that a dismissal was warranted in the interests of justice,” said Nouri’s attorney, Gary Jay Kaufman. “I’m thrilled that Michael can now put this behind him and focus on what he does best — being a great actor.”
Nouri, who starred in the 1983 movie “Flashdance” and has appeared on such TV shows as “The Young and the Restless,” “All My Children,” “NCIS,” “Army Wives,” “Damages” and “The O.C.,” had pleaded not guilty to three misdemeanor counts stemming from the alleged run-in Nov. 1 at his Beverly Hills home.
The case against the 67-year-old actor was dismissed last month after the alleged victim failed to appear in court, according to Shiara Davila-Morales of the District Attorney’s Office.
A statement issued by Beverly Hills police last November said arriving officers had “”determined that a domestic violence incident had occurred.”
Nouri, who was then booked on suspicion of battery among other charges, was released almost immediately after posting a $50,000 bail.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)