Punch Fear In The Face, Live Up To Your Dreams With Tips From ‘START.’
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Your dream is calling and you should probably answer it.
New York Times Best-Selling Author, Jon Acuff, stopped by KCAL9 Monday to tell viewers about his latest book, START., in which he explains how to push forward in life!
Tips from START.:
- Technology has leveled the playing field and provided resources to everyone.
- Example….you can do anything through social media. Jon will tell the story of a mom in Texas who starting making hair bows for little girls. Last year she sold 70,000 of them at $4 bucks a pop. That’s $280,000 gross revenue in one year!
Make action payments
- The world is lousy with dreamers. Move from words to action.
- Example…be selfish at 5 a.m. or whatever time you can carve out for yourself that doesn’t conflict with family time. Jon got up at 5 a.m. every morning before his wife and kids to write and hustle so his dream wouldn’t take from their family time.
Punch fear in the face
- Write your fears down. Refute them with truth. Share them with people you trust.
- Example…Fear argues both sides of the coin. It will tell you you’re too young, too old, not good enough. The one thing that will help you cope, is to share your fears out loud. Fear, fears community.
Start before you’re ready
- You don’t have to have all the answers; you only control the starting line.
- Example…Jon didn’t set out to become a NY Times best seller…he figured out a few moves ahead of time. He knew he loved to write and share hope so that’s why he joined Dave’s team. You can’t wait for a complete detailed plan to get working on something, you just have to start.
Ignore the haters
- Criticism only gets loud when you do things that matter.
- Example…It’s called critics math. We all do it. 1000 compliments + 1 criticism = 1 criticism. We tend to focus on the negatives.
Acuff will hold a book signing Monday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Barnes & Noble at 1201 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.
For more information, visit Jon Acuff.