Check Out Jennifer Diamond Cancer Foundation’s ‘American Folk Music Fest’!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Alice and Harvey Diamond, founders of the Jennifer Diamond Cancer Foundation, stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to tell viewers about the upcoming event, “American Folk Music Fest”.
The reason why the Jennifer Diamond Cancer Foundation was created:
- Alice and Harvey’s daughter, Jennifer, lost her battle with cancer when she was 30 years old, and had requested that they start the Foundation in her memory
What the foundation offers:
- For both body and spirit – Yoga, Pilates, Zumba Dancing, Massage Therapy, Cancer Information Library, Watercolor classes, Mahjong, Music, Cooking for Health, and more
The foundation’s objective:
- To provide hope through programs that empower, educate and help heal people with cancer
The Cancer Information Library:
- Educate the patient and their families to make informed decisions in their healthcare
About the “American Folk Music Fest” on April 28:
- Both local and international groups, performing Country, Blues, Folk songs, Celtic music, and Blues – playing guitars, banjos, harmonicas and violins.
- Groups are: Mike Stein & Jerusalem Stone, J.D. Weiss & Mike Stein, The Pratie Boys, Modal Tease String Band, Ross Altman, Sugar In The Gourd, Dawson’s Gang, and Keeping Fire.
- All proceeds benefit the Cancer Foundation.
What will be at the Music Fest for families and children?
- Sheriff George and his Deputies, Face Painting, Bubble Blowing, Storytelling, feeding the ranch animals
About the Cancer Foundation:
- All services at the Center, located in Chatsworth, are free to the many communities we serve, including the San Fernando, Simi and Santa Clarita Valleys and parts of Ventura County. There are a variety of activities and support services for cancer patients
For more information and to get tickets, visit Jennifer Diamond Foundation.