STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Get an updated looking for spring!
Celebrity Makeup Artist Candace Corey stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to show viewers different hair and makeup trends for this season!
Get rid of winter skin and hydrate for spring:
- Slough off old winter skin and hydrate new cells with a combination of glycolic acid, to turn over cells, which can be found in Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix, and hyaluronic acid that hydrates the new cells.
- Piggy back the benefits of hyaluronic acid on the inside with Pycnogenol supplements, which is from Pine bark. It increases the hyaluronic acid by 40% to plump cells with moisture in your whole body, and it doubles the body’s anti-oxidants. This creates firmer, younger looking hydrated skin.
Spring makeup trends:
- The new makeup looks for the season consist of a bright lip color, bold eye liner and beautiful fresh skin.
- Start the look with sheer foundation by thinning out your winter foundation with a few drops of moisturizer like Marula Oil. It has high levels of antioxidants and Omega 9 while increasing elasticity and firmness for healthy looking skin and a smooth application of your foundation.
- Next dust cheeks with a bronzer like Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Airbrushing Veil that uses Italian technology to give a skin-perfecting finish that makes you look airbrushed and lit-from-within.
- Line your eyes with a bold dramatic winged liner. Runway trendy colors included blue, teal, and black.
- Finish look with a strong pop of color on the lips.
Spring hair trends:
- Hair trends for the season are either “beachy” messy waves, sleek low pony tails, wet looking hair or braids.
- To create two looks, you can start with a braided style by day and transition into “beachy” waves at night by undoing the braids.
- Start by doing parts throughout your hair and braiding sections. Next, dust Toppik Hair Building Fibers on visible parts to help blur the lines then secure with an elastic. Now you’re ready for the day.
- At night unbraid hair, and finger comb. The fibers you applied in your hair in the day will act like a dry shampoo to absorb excess oil and give hair body to create beautiful messy “beachy” waves without rubbing off on clothes.
Corey also discussed the importance of cleaning your makeup products, including makeup bags, to get rid of bacteria.
Cleaning your makeup products:
- Before you update your products with the new spring beauty items, make sure you don’t need to dump any old ones.
- Makeup bags can pick up bacteria throughout the year especially when using it in public areas like restrooms, so start your spring cleaning process by replacing your cosmetic bag, or washing your old one with dishwashing liquid like Dawn that can break down oil and kill bacteria.
- Cream-based products have a shelf life of about 1 to 2 years while powders can be 3 -4 so dump anything that has exceeded its shelf life.
- Even if products are fine, your tools might not be. So replace your sponge applicator, and wash the enclosed brush applicators that come in your compacts so you’re not bringing last year’s dirt and oil into the new season.
For more information, visit Candace Corey.