LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Midnight Monday marks the deadline to file your taxes.
Taxes must be postmarked by April 15, 2013 to qualify for timely filing, according to the IRS.
Several Southland post offices will remain open late to accommodate late filers.
Three postal centers will be staying open until midnight to collect mail:
– in Los Angeles, at 7001 S. Central Ave.;
– in Santa Ana, at 3101 W. Sunflower Ave; and
– in Santa Clarita, at 28201 Franklin Parkway.
Last-minute mailers should note, however, that the Los Angeles location will only have retail service available until 10 p.m. Retail sales will stop at the Santa Ana location at 7 p.m., and at 5 p.m. in Santa Clarita.
Six other postal locations will have extended hours:
– Airport Station, 9029 Airport Blvd., and the Pasadena Post Office, 600 Lincoln Ave., will be open for retail and collection service until 8 p.m.;
– Long Beach, 2300 Redondo Ave., will have retail service until 7 p.m. and mail collection until 10 p.m.;
– Industry center, 15421 E. Gale Ave., will have retail service until 6 p.m. and mail collection until 10 p.m.;
– Van Nuys, 15701 Sherman Way, will be open for retail service and mail collection until 9 p.m.; and
– B&B Pharmacy contract station in Yorba Linda, 18525 Yorba Linda Blvd., will have retail service and mail collection until 10 p.m.
For more information on USPS locations with later hours, click here.
October 15, 2013 is the deadline for taxpayers who have filed an extension.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)