Kimera Restaurant’s Oscar Party Combines Hollywood Glam & Charity On Sunday
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Watch the Oscars in style this Sunday at Kimera Restaurant in Irvine!
Ross Murashige, a spokesperson from Dining As Art, visited the KCAL9 studios Friday to tell viewers about Kimera’s red-carpet Oscar event that benefits the Alzheimer’s Association.
Guests will enter on a red carpet, watch the Oscar’s on 4 big-screen TVs and enjoy tray passed hors d-oeuvres and an elegant buffet during the awards show.
The 5th annual event starts at 4 p.m. and tickets are $85. VIP booths will be available for $100 per person, which include a bottle of Champagne for the table.
Ross also showed viewers how to make a Scallion Belini with Smoked Salmon Appetizer.
Scallion Belini with Smoked Salmon Appetizer
To make the pancakes — Yield: 20 (2-inch) pancakes
• 2 1/2 cups bread flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1 1/2 cups whole milk
• 2 eggs, separated
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 3 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
• Melted butter for frying
Ingredients for toppings
• Smoked Steelhead Salmon Trout
• Granny Smith Apple
• Celery Heart
• Bermuda Onion
• Creme Fraiche
• Upland Cress
1. Place flour, baking powder and salt in medium-size mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk to combine.2. In separate bowl, combine milk, egg yolks and oil; whisk until frothy and light.3. Add milk mixture to dry mixture; whisk until smooth.4. In an electric mixer, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Fold green onions into batter (milk-flour mixture). Gently fold egg whites into batter. Let stand 20 minutes.5. Brush large nonstick skillet generously with butter and heat on medium. Drop batter in skillet, using enough batter to create desired size. When pancakes have slightly risen and bubbles appear in the batter, turn and cook on opposite side. Keep warm until ready to use (arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and place them, uncovered, in a 200-degree oven, brushed with a little butter – don’t stack or cover them; steam makes them soggy).
Lay out prepared pancakes on a serving tray. Combine the following ingredients in a separate bowl
Smoked Steelhead Salmon Trout
Granny Smith Apple
Spoon salmon mixture on each pancake. Top each pancake with dollop of creme fraiche and a spring of Upland Cress