Pasadena Police: Be Good Neighbors At Rose Parade, Rose Bowl Game
PASADENA (CBSLA.com) — Pasadena Police are asking assembled throngs at the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game to act more like good neighbors and not bad sports.
“We do want people who plan to attend the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game to have a good time,” Pasadena Police Department Deputy Chief Darryl Qualls told City News Service.
He added, “We want to make sure in their ability to have a good time attendees realize and respect there are other people attending the event and we ask everyone to be respectful of each other.”
To that end, the city is posting some guidelines to insure everyone has a fun and drama free time.
• limit tailgating to the front or rear of vehicles
• prohibit tents larger than 10-by-10 feet from being in front or behind vehicles
• prohibit open flames in tailgating or parking areas; and prohibit charcoal-fired grills in the recreational vehicle parking area.
Fans are also asked to avoid carrying glass containers.
Fans are also reminded to put trash in bags and leave garbage in cans in tailgating areas and parking areas.
Revelers are asked to avoid drinking games, beer bongs and other stunts aimed at getting drunk fast.
The use of plastic or paper cups is recommended. Alcohol is not allowed in parking lots after kickoff.
The following items cannot be taken into the Rose Bowl:
• noisemakers, including thunder sticks, musical instruments, whistles, air horns and boom boxes
• weapons or projectiles
• alcoholic beverages
• glass, metal or hard plastic containers of any size;
• hard or soft-sided coolers of any size
• plastic drink containers. (Containers that are two liters or less with factory seal intact may be brought in).
• backpacks, bags and purses larger than 14 inches by 14 inches
• boxes or wrapped packages of any size
• unsliced fruits or vegetables
• animals, other than service animals required because of a disability
• balls, toys or sports equipment
• banners, signs, flags, helium balloons
• laser pointers, poles, sticks
• unauthorized video cameras, tripods.
• Personal cameras are permitted. Strollers should be checked with an usher at stadium tunnels.