Set Up A ‘Cupcake Creation Station’ For Kids To Make Festive Holiday Treats!
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Grand Lux Café spokesperson Mark Gardner stopped by KCAL9 Monday to show viewers how to creative festive holiday cupcakes!
Gardner also showed how to create a “Cupcake Creation Station” for kids right at home by setting up a colorful assembly line of sprinkles, nuts, marshmallows, etc.
Grand Lux Café has 13 locations across the country providing guests with unique, casual and global cuisine in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere.
For more information, visit Grand Lux Café.
Yield: 1 dozen cupcakes
1 cup sugar
¾ cup flour
½ cup Cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cup oil
½ cup hot coffee
1 tsp vanilla
1. Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, oil, hot coffee and vanilla
3. Add egg & milk mixture into flour mixture and whisk to combine
4. Spoon into paper-lined muffin pan
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
6. Allow to cool to room temperature before frosting
Fudge Frosting Recipe
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp boiling water
6 oz. butter, soft
¼ powdered sugar
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted & cooled
1. Combine unsweetened cocoa powder and boiling water in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
2. Cream together the soft butter and powdered sugar
3. Add melted chocolate to Cream mixture & mix to combine
4. Scrape down the bowl
5. Beat in the cocoa mixture
Vanilla Frosting Recipe
1 stick butter, soft
4 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine butter, 3 cups powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix
2. Gradually add the remaining sugar while mixing until a spreadable consistency is reached
Reindeer Cupcake Toppings
Mini chocolate chips
M&Ms or jelly beans