‘The Travel Mom’ Gives Tips On How To Travel Smart During The Holidays
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Looking to make your dollar stretch this holiday season?
Emily Kaufman, “The Travel Mom,” stopped by KCAL9 Saturday to share tips on how to travel smart during the holidays!
How to stretch that holiday dollar:
- Join loyalty programs for things like airlines, hotels, rental cars and credit cards. They allow you perks and benefits that allow you to save time and money.
- Upgrades, special business floors, separate check in desks, welcome amenities and redeeming points year round without blackout dates are all ways that companies thank their loyal customers.
Look for added value:
- Hotels, resorts and destinations are creating packages that toss in extras in order to entice you to stay with them. You get resort credits for things like golf, spa and dining.
- When you use credit cards that are airline partners you get things like free baggage check in and credits to be used in flight for meals and entertainment as well as access to the airline lounges in airports at no charge.
How to make holiday travel less stressful:
- Check in on line ahead of time, use self-service kiosks in the airport to avoid waiting in line.
- Program in the numbers for your hotel and airline before you leave so you have it in case you have a problem.
How to travel with kids:
- Make a boredom bag for kids to travel with.
- Take a travel cosmetic bag and hang it from the seat back in front of where your child is seated. Fill each pocket with age appropriate activities; books they can listen to, electronic hand held games, self-contained small craft kits.
- Remember there is nothing on board a plane to help you to help your child so it is up to you to bring everything you anticipate needing for a 24 hour period.
Traveling with gifts:
- Between extra baggage fees and the slow security lines, it is best to send gifts ahead of time.
- Chances are that your packages are going to be opened at security.
For more information, visit The Travel Mom.