Bathroom Guide For Qualcomm Stadium Tailgaters
San Diego Chargers
Buy Chargers Tickets
When you’ve gotta go, you gotta go! After a couple of drinks and a few rounds of tailgating karaoke, navigating the bathroom situation at Qualcomm Stadium can get pretty tricky. Good news for tailgaters is that the Q is equipped with bathrooms conveniently located and easily accessible throughout the parking lots and stadium – you just need to know where to go. If you park it right, running to the little boys’ or girls’ room won’t put a damper on your tailgating gala.
A few stats to ease your bladder:
1) Donde están los porta potties?The key to a relaxing tailgating experience is feeling confident about where the bathrooms are situated. Look for the light poles in the parking lots and, most likely, you will spy a portable potty. If you want to secure a beeline for the restroom, it may be worth the longer route to the RV tailgating section – those guys have their own bathrooms in their RVs and don’t use the public restrooms. Another shot-lined bathroom secret is the Inner Circle. Those who park here aren’t always tailgating and tend to get to the stadium closer to kick off.
2) How many? Once you’re inside the stadium, walking around in circles trying to find the bathroom is a buzz kill. Good news for full bladders, Qualcomm Stadium has 44 men’s rooms and 50 women’s rooms. And don’t worry if there’s a long line at one. There are plenty to choose from as restrooms are located approximately every two sections throughout the Q.
3) Family restrooms? Chargers’ parents can bring little ones to their traditional tailgating parties and be assured that restroom pit stops are accessible. Family restrooms outfitted with diaper-changing tables are located within most of the Q’s women’s and men’s restrooms.
4) Thirsty? It always seems that as soon as you are relieved, you need a thirst quencher. Before you head back to the beer line, you’re parched mouth will rejoice in the fact that there are water fountains stationed near every bathroom location.
5) Where to sit? If you know that bathrooms are frequent stops on your game day, try to either buy tickets or sit close to Section 29C, Row 3 or Section 13C, Row 5.
Check out Tailgate Fan to keep the party going at tailgatefan.cbslocal.com.
Jennifer Geisman is a freelance write living in Los Angeles. Her work can be found at Examiner.com.