ORANGE ( — An investigation continued Sunday following a blaze that damaged a single-family residence housing Chapman University students.

Orange Fire Dept. Capt. Ian McDonald told CBS2 that no one was hurt in blaze at the home in the 300 block of North Shaffer Street.

The second alarm fire was reported at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. McDonald says the fire was put out about an hour after an initial call was made.

McDonald says nine university students were living in the home, five of which belong to a sorority. The structure, however, was not a sorority house.

No further information was immediately available.

(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE