Code Of Conduct Unveiled For Southern California Sports Fans
Sports Fan Insider
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A new code of conduct for sports fans was unveiled Monday by a coalition of law enforcement and sports venue officials.
KNX 1070’s John Brooks reports the Southern California Fan Code of Conduct is a list of 10 “common-sense guidelines” the Los Angeles Sports Council hopes will foster a safe and comfortable atmosphere for all spectators.
The new Southern California Fan Code of Conduct does not replace those guidelines.
The 10 guidelines ask fans to refrain from:
- Profanity or other offensive language, whether spoken or appearing on apparel.
- Smoking, other than in designated areas.
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption.
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue.
- Throwing of items or liquids.
- Entering the playing field or court at any time.
- Fighting or other threatening behavior.
- Failing to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so.
- Resale of tickets at the venue.
- Violating state or local laws.
The formation of the Los Angeles Sports Council and the Southern California Fan Code of Conduct is the first time that all of the region’s many sports venues have come together in a joint effort.
Dodgers president Stan Kasten said consistent enforcement of key principles will make for a better experience for every fan.
“Every one who comes to our games should know they are entitled to have as good as time as possible, as passionate and enthusiastic as they can,” said Kasten. “They just can’t interfere with anyone else’s enjoyment of the game.”