Filed underSeen On TV
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — A good party isn’t complete without good food, but spending a lot of money isn’t necessary!
CEO and founder of TheGroceryGame.com, Teri Gault, stopped by KCAL9 Monday to show viewers how to throw a great party without breaking the bank.
Gault shared seven of her party-planning tips:
1. Plan your food menu around what you already have – It’s simple. Take inventory of what you have in your pantry, fridge and freezer, and use it! This will keep you from having to buy as much.
2. Double dip – Amazingly, you can and should use a coupon with a sale, otherwise known as deal stacking. It’s perfectly legal and ethical and saves you an average of 67% off.
3. Be a cherry picker – Get the best sales from two or three stores to save the most, as much as 75%.
4. Drugstores for party snacks and paper goods – Drugstores often have great sales on party snacks and paper goods.
5. Dollar Stores for decorations and gift wrap can’t be beat!
6. Shop for 3 weeks – If possible, build your menu from what’s on sale over the course of three weeks. You’ll save money by getting the best of the best sales over the course of 3 weeks. Plus, it will take the pressure off of the last minute rush, as you’ll be doing most of the shopping weeks before. Blue items at http://www.TheGroceryGame.com are for investing. Green items are free.
7. Choose “do-aheads” – On Super Saver Showdown, you’ll see they throw elaborate parties that are both “chic” and “cheap”. The key is to be creative and prioritize. Choose menu items and decorating projects that you can “do-ahead”. You’ll enjoy your party more, and you’ll save money.
For more information, check out TheGroceryGame.com.