3-Year-Old Hospitalized After Ingesting Medical Marijuana
MURRIETA (CBS) — Officers were called to a Murrieta home Saturday when a 3-year-old boy was hospitalized after ingesting an undisclosed amount of a relative’s medical marijuana, a police spokesman said.
At about 10:20 a.m., officers were dispatched to the home in the 24000 block of Cambria Lane after receiving a report that the toddler was now unresponsive after ingesting the marijuana, Murrieta police Sgt. Don Weller said.
“The child was treated at the scene and ultimately transported to a local area hospital for further medical treatment,” Weller said. “The Riverside County Child Protective Services were contacted and responded to assist. The investigation is ongoing.”
The boy’s condition was not immediately known.
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)