29_35x90 knx_35x90
CBSLA WEATHER APP: iPhone App Store | Android App Coming Soon | More Info | Watch Josh's Live Demo

Local

Report: Porn Filmed At LA Coliseum Just After 9/11

View Comments
Photo Galleries

BRENTWOOD (CBS/AP) The football field of the iconic L.A. Coliseum was used as the set for a porn video the weekend after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

On Sept. 16, 2001, 40 minutes of group sex for a hardcore porn movie was filmed during a four-hour shoot under the lights at the Coliseum, the Times reported.

The revelation marked the latest black eye for the scandal-plagued landmark.

The porn video raises more questions than it answers, according to former Coliseum Commission Member Rick Caruso.

“Where did the money go? Whose judgment was it to do this kind of act inside the Coliseum? And this is a Memorial Coliseum. The lights being on at night? But I would also love to know, was somebody paid off to let them in the gate and to turn the lights on? Does this go back to prior management,” said former Coliseum Commissioner Rick Caruso.

The Times interviewed Mr. Marcus, one of the porn stars who appeared in the video. He said shooting a porn video in the Memorial Coliseum was something he never thought would happen.

“Yeah, I was surprised that they had access to the Coliseum just because, you know, that’s the Coliseum. It’s a one-of-a-kind place,” Mr. Marcus told the paper.

In fact a lot of people are surprised and not pleasantly in some cases.

Patrick Lynch is the former Coliseum general manager, who resigned last year and was indicted two months ago in a wide-spread corruption case. His attorney said that Lynch had nothing to do with the Coliseum porn video.

“He would never have allowed it. I know Patrick Lynch personally, I know his family, he’s married, he has children – he does not agree with shooting porn at a historic site, such as the Coliseum,” said defense attorney Tony Capozzola.

I asked former commission member Caruso if it was possible that the video was shot without the knowledge of coliseum managers.

“I don’t think it’s possible. You’re talking about turning on the lights in a 90,000-seat capacity Coliseum in the middle of Los Angeles,” he said.

Caruso added that the porn video shows that the mismanagement goes back at least a decade or more. One more reason, he argued, that the Coliseum Commission should be abolished.

(TM and © Copyright 2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus