Guitars Belonging To Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Swiped From Culver City Soundstage
CULVER CITY (CBS) — Five guitars belonging to Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers were stolen from the Culver City studios where the band was rehearsing for an upcoming tour, a police sergeant said Saturday.
The band has posted detailed descriptions, pictures and serial numbers of the instruments on its website.
They are offering a $7,500 reward, no questions asked.
The stolen instruments include:
• Rickenbacker 360/12 – 1967 Blonde (Serial # GH 3747)
• Epiphone Sheridan – 1967 (Serial # to be updated ASAP)
• Gibson SG TV Junior – 1965 (Serial # 318533)
• Fender Broadcaster (Serial # to be updated)
• Dusenberg Mike Campbell Model (Serial # to be updated)
Culver City police Sgt. Allen Shepherd said he could only confirm the guitars were stolen from Culver Studios on W. Washington Boulevard and that they belonged to Petty.
The band asked anyone with information to email StolenGuitars@TomPetty.com or call Culver City police detectives at (310) 253-6305.
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)