Police, Firefighters Miss Body In Backseat Of Burning Car

TUJUNGA (CBS) — Los Angeles police launched a homicide investigation after a body was found inside a burned out car at a tow yard in Pacoima.

Police and firefighters did not notice the body in the backseat after the fire was doused in Tujunga.

The 1992 Honda Prelude was found on fire in the 6100 block of Sister Elsie Drive about 2 p.m. Saturday, Sgt. Derek Brown of the Foothill Station
said.

Workers at a tow yard later alerted police after discovering the body inside the vehicle.

“It was so severely burned they couldn’t tell whether it was a man or woman,” Brown said. We have not been able to identify the victim.

It was unclear if police found the registered owner. The car was not been reported stolen, Brown said.

(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. c-man says:

Way to go LAFD. How the hell do you miss a body in a car? Yeah..I work for the LAFD.

2. MD says:

Some family is missing a loved one and no one noticed the body. Sad.

3. Pat says:

OPPS my bad !~

4. Betty says:

Yep, Tujunga is starting to see an increase in this type of thing as low lifes who “just want to work” move in…very sad In addition, Station 74 must not have done the world’s most thorough job…

5. charlie says:

But………..them Krispy Kreme donuts were getting cold back at the station.

6. Demo says:

Not to Monday morning quarterback but this tells me the engine company simply put out the fire and walked away without doing any investigation. The fire captain has some splanan to do. Not something I would expect from LAFD.

7. Employment,unemployment,Employment definition,Employment statistics,Employment development department,Employment guide,Employment security commission,Google employment,Employment applicatio says:

My brother recommended I would possibly like this website. He used to be entirely right. This publish actually made my day. You cann’t consider simply how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!