Authorities Probe Drug Trafficking Scheme Involving Delta, TSA Workers

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Authorities are probing a drug trafficking scheme involving Delta Airlines and Transportation Security Administration workers in Los Angeles and Hawaii.

John Tai of Carson is among several arrested for allegedly having drugs and cash flown to and from California and Hawaii.

Investigators say TSA or Delta Airlines employees would find a checked bag after it had been screened and put drugs or cash inside.

A passenger would then pick it up at baggage claim like any other bag.

A federal investigation has already found that hundreds of thousands of pounds of methamphetamine was smuggled between the two states over the past two years.

Comments

1. bob says:

Good thing, I live in Hawaii and Meth is the biggest problem we have. while Pot use is popular but it doesn’t seem to lead to all the violence and theft that ICE (Meth) does

1. Kapahulu Boy says:

Agreed, batu is the scourge of the islands…I guess when they clamped down on weed, meth filled the vaccuum. Sad but true….Bring back the old days.

2. Wally's girl! says:

Scary for unsuspecting passengers

3. john says:

looks like the tsa is really on the job

4. jkl says:

Who’s watching the watchmen? What screening methods are used when hiring these TSA agents? Why bother having any TSA screening if this is what is happening?

5. fisher1949 says:

Typical TSA dirtbags. There have been four TSA workers arrested this week, one from Dulles for pimping and two more for firing shots from their hotel room.

6. Brian Harrington says:

now what happens to the passanger now we know that drugs and other illegal stuff could be in planted in your checked baggae me i got smart i chek my bag at the gare and have key less locks in the interm future I will mail my clothes to and from the point of orgin no susupicon there I had key less locks when I went to the philippines to bangkok since I had a 14 layovber in the pI i took no chance and not my bag was not molested in any form if I found my bag torn I won’t claim it I also put a different addy as to wear am going to stay so no one can find me

1. jkl says:

In the future, please use correct spelling, and proper English so everyone can understand your comments.

7. Robert S. says:

Lots of this going on at the major airports across the country. Bag carts full of “Mary Jane” comeing in and lots of guns going out!

8. Employment,unemployment,Employment definition,Employment statistics,Employment development department,Employment guide,Employment security commission,Google employment,Employment applicatio says:

It is the best time to make a few plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to counsel you few attention-grabbing issues or advice. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles referring to this article. I desire to learn even more issues about it!