Boy, 3, Dies In Downey Space Heater Fire

DOWNEY (CBS) — A space heater fire claimed the life of a toddler, fire officials said Friday.

The 3-year-old boy was killed Wednesday morning when a space heater sparked a fire at his home in the 8500 block of Parrot Avenue in Downey.

The boy was found in a crib and pronounced dead on the scene, according to the Downey Patriot.

The home did not have working smoke detectors in the bedroom and hallway where the fire began, officials said.

The boy’s name was not released.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live