Former CHP Officer Sentenced To 50 Years In Prison For Husband’s Murder

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Former California Highway Patrol officer Tomiekia Johnson, who was convicted in the first-degree murder or her husband, was sentenced Friday to 50 years to life in state prison.

Johnson, 32, collapsed in court back in January when the guilty verdict was read.

She insisted during the trial that the shooting of her 31-year-old husband, Marcus Lavar Lemons, on Feb. 21, 2009, was an accident.

Johnson, who was employed by the CHP at the time but was off-duty, told jurors that she pulled off the Riverside (91) Freeway at the Central Avenue offramp after her husband threatened to kill her.

She testified that she told him to get out of her BMW and that he responded by telling her that she could walk home instead and grabbed the keys out of the car’s ignition. She said she began running from the car and then
stopped, telling jurors she worried that her husband might get a gun out of her purse and shoot her.

“I saw the gun on the ground. I made the decision to run and get it,” Johnson testified, adding that her husband seemed to be looking for the weapon. “I was scared. I didn’t want to die … When I grabbed it tight, it fired.”

Comments

1. RJ OGuillory says:

…wow! They convicted one of their own…?

Regards,

RJ O’Guillory
    Author-
    Webster Groves-The Life of an Insane Family

2. Alan Hart says:

They just don’t get it. The public isn’t believing the police anymore. They have been caught lying so many times, that nothing they say means anything. This one can share a cell with the LAPD detective that was convicted of 1st degree murder yesterday!

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Alan Hart

Medication won’t help you limp d!ck puS$y dumbf**k. It comes from having Robert Hale’s balls up your ass. You can only copy and paste to let everyone know you’re a puS$y dumbf**k. Count how many screen names you, puS$y d!cklicker, use, it’s not difficult and everyone knows you’re the sh!tbreath

3. The Everyday Guy says:

She has one of those made up names.

1. RJ OGuillory says:

I thought everyone had a “made-up-name”…?

Regards,

RJ O’Guillory
      Author-
      Webster Groves-The Life of an Insane Family

1. Everyday Guy says:

Your opinion and existence mean nothing to me. And now, I blot you away.

2. RJ OGuillory says:

…what…? I get “blotted away”…for asking a question…? Now, is that really something that an “Everyday Guy” would do..? I mean, I think I’m correct….what issue did you have with that? Ha, ha!

Regards,

RJ O’Guillory
        Author-
        Webster Groves-The Life of an Insane Family

p.s.- is Everyday Guy a made up name? Mine Is…..he, he!

2. April says:

stop being a simple everyday guy and stick to the story, we know exactly where you are trying take this…grow up!

4. Sam Sindaha says:

I dont usualy believe cops who kill, this time I may want to give the benefit of the doubt, I dun-no, give me more info and I’ll think about it.