Fugitive Shot And Killed By Authorities Was Not Armed

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police and FBI officials say a fugitive shot and killed by police and a federal agent as he stood on a rooftop was not armed, despite initial reports that he not only had a gun but fired it.

Police Cmdr. Andrew Smith said Wednesday that officers believed 27-year-old double-murder suspect Frank Martinez had a gun in his pocket and discharged it, but the investigation has shown no evidence of that.

FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said both agencies were looking to correct the record quickly.

Neither would give a reason why Martinez was thought to have a gun, saying the investigation would be long and far-reaching.

A police-FBI task force cornered Martinez Thursday at a La Mirada home. He climbed on the roof of the garage and was shot.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Alan hart says:

How many times do we have to hear police lie before we charge them as the murderers they are?

2. Artem says:

.”…long and far reaching” [investigation]. Yes, they’ll take a “long” time so they can sweep it under the rug and the public can forget about it. Far reaching? Doubtful they’ll do that for a “double murder suspect.” Knowing what buffoons they are at the LAPD and the FBI we’ll probably find out they had the wrong guy. Remember the first guy they arrested for the Bryan Stow beating?

3. Common Sense says:

Yeah that guy had a double murder charge. Shouldve went to trial and costed the public thousands. He’ll get sentenced to prison for life and it’ll cost the public millions. He’ll literally retire in prison.

1. jack says:

Hopefully you’ll be getting you GED soon, your english is terrible.

1. Alpha Kenny Juan says:

Jack, before you lecture someone else regarding their lack of English skills, please make sure that your own grammar is beyond reproach. To wit, you are guilty of writing a run-on sentence; you should have used a semicolon between the words “soon” and “your,” and for the record, the word “English” should be capitalized.

2. GROWAPAIR says:

jack

I can’t even get a job.That’s because that lawyer Robert Hale from Hale and Nguyen in Brea couldn’t help me with my case. Now I’m a bitter aS$puck that has a beef with law enforcement and everybody on the internet. I used multiple screen names like [GROW..APAIR], [wg//af], [up//yours] and [kma] so no one can track me down. I challenge people to meet me in front of the Fullerton P.D. station for my protection.

3. mike says:

I can’t even get a job.That’s because that aS$hole lawyer Robert Hale from Hale and Nguyen in Brea couldn’t help me with my case. Now I’m a bitter aS$puck that has a beef with law enforcement and everybody on the internet. I used multiple screen names like [GROW..APAIR], [wg//af], [up//yours], [Mike in San Diego], [Mike in Upland], [1stman] and [kma] so no one can track me down. I challenge people to meet me in front of the Fullerton P.D. station for my protection. I’m such a puS$y dumbf**k with nothing to say I post to myself copying sentences from everyone, especially GROWAPAIR, who knows I’m a ball sniffing loser.

I’ll use your screen name next, puS$y d!cklips.

Pay attention to me when I hijack screen names to show I’m a whiny puS$y dumbf**k loser. It makes my ass pucker with joy when people think I’m GROWAPAIR and my daddy’s balls like it when my ass puckers. Tell me how I can sound any more f**king stupid,

4. Alpha Kenny Juan says:

mike (a.k.a. GROWAPAIR)

To answer your question. No, you couldn’t sound any more stupid. Knowing you though, you’ll figure out a way.

5. mike says:

your making my aS$hole throb when you call me GROWAPAIR, lol

4. wobbles says:

The two people he killed are still dead, so who cares? I think it’s pathetic that we are giving attention to this monster and not a word was printed bout his victims.

5. carlos says:

Cops need to lose their guns. They have shown time and time again that they do not value human life.