20 Civil Sex Abuse Claims Announced Against Miramonte Teacher

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Attorneys for 20 alleged sexual abuse victims announced the filing of civil lawsuits Friday against a former Miramonte Elementary School teacher and the Los Angeles Unified School District.

The claims were filed by 18 girls and two boys that were either students of Mark Berndt’s or participants of Miramonte Elementary after-school program who were taken to his class.

Attorneys allege all 20 plaintiffs were allegedly abused by Berndt; six of the accusers are also a part of an ongoing criminal complaint against him.

Berndt pleaded not guilty to 23 counts of lewd acts on a child after hundreds of photos surfaced of his students blindfolded and allegedly being fed bodily fluids on cookies and crackers. Other photos showed the children with cockroaches on their bodies.

The photos were reportedly taken for Berndt’s sexual pleasure.

Attorneys also contend the LAUSD was negligent and overlooked complaints from parents and warning signs that he was abusive.

“Kids were traumatized because of the school district’s negligence. That’s the focus of today and to highlight the warning bells, the alarm signs that the school district fell asleep totally. They have to be responsible for this,” said attorney Luis Carillo.

Damages sought in the lawsuit are unknown.

CBS2 contacted the LAUSD for comment, but they declined.

Berndt is being held on $23 million bail.

Comments

1. Sicko Teachers says:

Semen crackers. Who the heck gets sexual pleasure from pictures of that?

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Sicko Teachers

Don’t know ’em ’til you try ’em.

1. GROWAPAIR who found a deep sense of purpose in Vote "NO" on Prop. 8 is mourned says:

When GROWAPAIR died suddenly last week, probably from a relapse of a drug problem he’d tried to put behind him, his Vote “NO” on Prop. 8 friends reached out to his family by birth, which in turn embraced his recent family by choice.

2. GROWAPAIR says:

Hey “GROWAPAIR”
        If I died a week ago why do you still hijack my name for attention, aS$breath? No wonder everyone calls you a “PuS$y Dumbf**k,” sh!t-for-brains aS$lick.

3. mike says:

I can’t even get a job.That’s because that aS$hole lawyer Robert Hale from Hale and Nguyen in Brea couldn’t help me with my case. Now I’m a bitter aS$puck that has a beef with law enforcement and everybody on the internet. I used multiple screen names like [GROW..APAIR], [wg//af], [up//yours], [Mike in San Diego], [Mike in Upland], [1stman] and [kma] so no one can track me down. I challenge people to meet me in front of the Fullerton P.D. station for my protection. I’m such a puS$y dumbf**k with nothing to say I post to myself copying sentences from everyone, especially GROWAPAIR, who knows I’m a ball sniffing loser.

I’ll use your screen name next, puS$y d!cklips.

Pay attention to me when I hijack screen names to show I’m a whiny puS$y dumbf**k loser. It makes my ass pucker with joy when people think I’m GROWAPAIR and my daddy’s balls like when my ass puckers…

2. Keith S says:

Wow so many people so negative , get a life there are so many things way more important than GROWAPAIR. our country is falling apart & you are worried about what a GROWAPAIR is doing with his daddy’s balls. you are kidding right.

3. mike says:

I’ll use your screen name next, puS$y d!cklips.

Pay attention to me when I hijack screen names to show I’m a whiny puS$y dumbf**k loser. It makes my ass pucker with joy when people think I’m GROWAPAIR and my daddy’s balls like when my ass puckers.

2. mike says:

I’ll use your screen name next, puS$y d!cklips…

Pay attention to me when I hijack screen names to show I’m a whiny puS$y dumbf**k loser. It makes my ass pucker with joy when people think I’m GROWAPAIR. My daddy’s balls like when my ass puckers..