Jury Acquits Man Who Allegedly Paid Teens To Spit On Him, Slap Him

VENTURA (CBS) — A 41-year-old man who allegedly paid high school students to spit in his face has been acquitted of four counts of annoying and molesting a child.

Jurors deliberated less than an hour before finding Charles Hersel, who was arrested in November 2009 at a Thousand Oaks mall, not guilty, according to the Ventura County Star.

He was facing a year in jail and would have been required to register as a sex offender.

Westlake High School students say Hersel offered them money to spit in his face, slap him and yell expletives at him.

Comments

1. Craig says:

lame ,I’m not sure why he was arrested. If he wants to pay money to get the s**t beat out of himself, who cares.

2. Jenny says:

Killers and sexual predators usually do other things first, they build up their “courage” so stopping someone at the first signs is key. I wish there was more info in this story.

3. icecream says:

I could use some extra money !

4. Charles Hersel says:

Dear CBS,
    this is CHARLES HERSEL. Thank you for the update on my case. CONNOR GANTT, KEATS STANLEY, AUSTIN PERRY, JOSEPH MATHEWS (JP MATHEWS) all spat on me and yelled profanities at me for cash. CHRISTOPHER ANDERSON yelled profanities at me for cash. ALL of these guys are over 18 and graduated from WESTLAKE VILLAGE HIGH SCHOOL in WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CALIFORNIA in 2010. They all brought their friends who did the same and they enjoyed abusing and mistreating me and laughed when doing so.Sincerely,CHARLES HERSEL

5. Charles Hersel says:

ALSO, JOSEPH MATHEWS (JP MATHEWS) smacked me very hard and put his shoe in my mouth. I asked for them to do this as I was the victim of severe,traumatic child abuse. BRIAN BROUSSEAU spat on me,smacked me, yelled profanities at me and put his shoe in my mouth also.CASEY BLISS AND ANTHONY MIAN also yelled profanities at me for cash. PATRICK SANDS said that he would spit on me and yell profanities at me but we never actually met, as did ANDREW CAMUCCIO AND WAZIYA DUPRIS (never met either of them), all went to and graduated from the same high school as above comment. GREG KARAKASHIAN, NICK WEAVER AND ZACK WEAVER also spat on me and yelled profanities at me for cash, these 3 graduated from that same high school in 2010.Sincerely,CHARLES WILLIAM HERSEL

6. T-BONE says:

Mr. Hersel payed me to fart on his face for cash whatta horrible man😦

7. Charles Hersel says:

This is Charles Hersel. I was acquitted of these child annoyance charges on February 7,2012 at Ventura Superior Court. Connor Gantt, Keats Stanley,Austin Perry, Chris Anderson and Joseph Mathews (Jp Mathews) all spat on me and yelled profanities at me for cash. Joseph Mathews also smacked me hard in the face and put his shoe in my mouth for cash. I asked for this abuse as I was a survivor of severe,child abuse. Also, Casey Bliss yelled profanities at me, as did Alex S. Patrick Ryan Sands and Waziya Dupris said they would spit on me and yell profanities at me for cash, but we never met up. Anthony Mian yelled profanities at me for cash. All of these guys, except for Alex S, are graduates of Westlake Village High School in 2011 in Westlake Village, California. Greg Karakashian, Nick Weaver and Zack Weaver (graduates of the same high school in 2010) also spat on me and yelled profanities at me for cash. All of them were very excited, enjoyed abusing me and laughed when they did so. They all also brought their friends to mistreat me as well and fully cooperated with me.
    Sincerely,