Executive Offices At Universal Studios Evacuated Over ‘Chlorine’ Smell; No Injuries

UNIVERSAL CITY (CBS) — Hundreds of people were evacuated Wednesday after a chemical leak was detected in an office building located at the Universal Studios complex.

An estimated 400 people from nearly all floors of the 15-story building that houses the studio’s executive offices in the 3900 block of Lankershim Boulevard were cleared out, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Don Kumitomi.

Firefighters responded to initial reports of a possible refrigerant leak.

“The initial reports stated that the smell of chlorine was coming from a sub-basement chiller room area, which is a unit that helps with the HVAC system,” Kumitomi told KNX 1070.

He added the chemicals are static, which means there is no gas flowing around and there is no cloud.

No injuries have been reported.

  • John Armstrong

    Janitor was sanitizing the floor when he mopped again

  • The heck?

    Chlorine? The whole park smells like that, that was probably the water from some of the water attractions.

  • http://Www.yahoo.com Anna Louise parker

    They might of died idiot!!!!!!! Chlorine is a poison the heck you are a total ass idiot and a loser!!!!!!!!!!

  • http://Www.yahoo.com Anna Louise parker

    Im pregnant

  • http://propertycloud.co.za/2012/01/executive-offices-at-universal-studios-evacuated-over-chlorine-smell-no-injuries/ Executive Offices At Universal Studios Evacuated Over ‘Chlorine’ Smell; No Injuries - Property Cloud

    […] Read the full story and more. […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Sandwich Generation

Listen Live