Behind The Scenes Of The Affordable Art Fair
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Will Ramsay, the founder of the Affordable Art Fair, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to talk about the facts and features of the event.
What is the Affordable Art Fair?
• The Fair is an international event that has launched in ten cities across the world, Los Angeles being the eleventh. By showcasing original contemporary artwork from across the world priced between $10,000 – $100, with half under $5,000, the Fair proves that you do not need to be an expert or a billionaire to have original works of art by living artists in your home or office. To date, over 1 million visitors have attended Affordable Art Fair’s internationally, and have purchased approximately $300 million worth of fine art.
When was the Affordable Art Fair Founded?
• The Fair was founded thirteen years ago as a way to change the model of the traditional art fair by making contemporary artwork accessible to all
When is the Los Angeles Fair taking place?
• From January 18th – 22nd at the Event Deck at LA Live near the Staples Center
Why Los Angeles?
• LA was chosen because of its vibrancy and alluring art scene. It is one of the most vivacious art cities in the country, and is home to an array of notable visual, theatrical, cinematic and performing artists.
What are some art trends we’ll see at the LA Fair?
o Black & White – striking color combination for photographs, often utilizing enamel, charcoal and oil
What can art do for a space?
• Art is an important purchase because it will liven up any size space to create a unique home environment that reflects your own personal style
• Depending on the size of your space, you can position your artwork in a way that makes it look bigger; you can also compare and contrast colors in a way that brings life into the home
• Localized Exhibits:
o Max Neutra – A local born on the Venice boardwalk who is one of LA’s premiere contemporary artists. He started by painting on the streets of the city, in galleries, bars, clubs and at festivals. For the Fair he will be showcasing a unique mural that exemplifies his unique, energized style.
o Figuration Studio’s Pilings Project – This husband and wife sculpture duo are bringing a bit of NYC to LA. Last summer, they displayed thirty fiery, translucent figures atop pilings in the middle of Manhattan’s fashion district, and they will be doing a similar exhibit of their sculptures across the Event Deck at the LA Live venue.
Who should visit the Fair?
• There are programs for the whole family. The LittleCollector.com lounge has programs for children where they can learn how to mimic Andy Warhol’s style and create puppets in the “Shadow Puppet Workshop.” There is also a Recent Graduates Exhibit as well as various curated exhibits and educational programs for people of all ages.
Will the Fair be donating any proceeds to non profits?
• The Fair is partnering with Free Arts for Abused Children, a local organization that inspires hope in the lives of abused, homeless and at risk youth through volunteer led creative arts programs. During the benefit reception on Wednesday, 100% of ticket proceeds will be donated to the foundation
To buy tickets to the Fair, click here.