Crews Rescue Hiker, Dog Off Lake View Terrace Trail

LAKE VIEW TERRACE (CBS)— Firefighters rescued an injured hiker and his dog after they became stranded on the side of a steep Lopez Canyon hillside Thursday afternoon.

The 19-year-old man was reportedly hiking with two dogs in the 12000 block of Van Nuys Boulevard Thursday afternoon when one of the dogs fell over. That’s when the man went after that dog and became stuck, according to CBS2’s Edward Lawrence.

The hiker’s brother-in-law, who was nearby, saw that the man and dog needed assistance and notified authorities.

The rescue began about 12:15 p.m., according to authorities. Firefighters walked the man down the hillside and the dog was strapped into a harness.

The extent of the hiker’s injuries was not immediately known.

The dog, however, did not suffer any injuries.

1. * says:

He was hiking with 2 dogs – was he other one ok?

1. JL says:

I believe the article states that only one of the pups fell…makes me think the other one is ok…but I LOVE that the man risked his like to save his pooch! Glad they are all ok!

2. B says:

I watched the live feed. The other dog remained up on top of the hillside. They took the dog up the hill to find the other dog eagerly anticipating his/her arrival. They took the man down the hillside and placed him into an ambulance to be checked out. All ended well.

1. JL says:

@B…”They took the dog up the hill to find the other dog eagerly anticipating his/her arrival.” That’s AWESOME!!

3. Kimberly Dotson says:

can some one please help me find the video with the young boy that exposed his rare sickness on youtube but died christmas morning

4. Bob says:

The video I saw stated one of them threw a bottle over the edge and the dog fetched.
    Charge the pig with littering.

5. Katrina says:

I love, love this book. I just piekcd it up last week to reread it. Ken Foster has another book too, called Dogs I Have Met and the People They Found. Both great books.

6. Dipti says:

Mary Posted on Choose a name that retfecls something important to your training program or that retfecls the area you live in.