Inmates At Men’s Central Jail Take Part In Christmas Mass

LOS ANGELES (KNX 1070) — About a hundred jail inmates took part in a special Christmas mass at Men’s Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles.

The service marked Archbishop Jose Gomez’s first mass at the jail.

Sheriff Lee Baca, who attended the mass with his wife, said faith is something that can make a difference in the lives of inmates.

“The nature of this visit and the celebration of Christmas is to reflect on the human potential as the Father in his mass indicated,” Baca said.

An inmate made available to speak to the media talked to KNX 1070’s Ed Mertz about the difference in his life during this season of new birth:

“I found God here. It’s a shame that I had to come to jail for all these changes to be made in my life. I feel good about myself. I know God’s with me. He put me here for a reason.”

More from Ed Mertz
Comments

1. Darrell Nelson says:

now the sheriff and his wife attend a jail mass, to hide all the other crimes the deputies have done. hope you find peace in hell with your latino gangs.an child molesting preist.

1. wg//af says:

Darrell Nelson

You’re a puS$y dumbf**k talking with your daddy’s balls up your aS$.

2. beneth de la porte... says:

of course they need to go to the mass the only support this inmates have is God they are in evil hands evil mens they don’t have choice, now the devils of any jail they are so ignorants they feel power but when God came to make justice this polices are going to be cowers now they are a bunch of idiots,

3. wg/af says:

beneth de la porte

You’re a chickensh!t, puS$y dumbf**k wg/af poseur, talking with your daddy’s balls up your aS$.

4. Michael J. McDermott says:

I’m all choked up.

5. Danny tudor says:

I think that is awesome, I hope God moves in their lives and sends them in the right direction!