Naval Officer Puts ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ In The Past With Historic Lesbian Kiss

SAN PEDRO (CBS) — A same sex California couple set out Wednesday to prove the U.S. Military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy is a thing of the past.

A petty officer from Placerville made U.S. Navy history by kissing her female partner from San Pedro during the traditional docking “First Kiss” ceremony.

The historic kiss took place in Virginia Beach when the U.S.S. Oak Hill arrived home from a deployment at sea.

Officer Marissa Gaeta won a raffle, granting her the honor of being first off the ship, and therefore first to get a welcome home kiss.

“It’s nice to be able to be myself,” said Gaeta. “It’s been a long time coming.”

“We did have to hide it a lot in the beginning,” said Gaeta’s partner Citlalic Snell. “We can finally be honest about who we are and our relationship.”

The captain and crew of the ship told reporters they thought the kiss was no big deal.

Comments

1. MIKEY STILL SNIFFS BALLS says:

This is disgusting! Now if it was two men I would be all for it!!!

1. wg//af says:

In fact I volunteer my pretty mouth to you to seal the deal. That or my skin flute.

2. The Big Logic says:

I’d expect no less from a guy like you.

3. MIKEY IS STILL A PUS$Y says:

Volunteer to who, yourself, aS$f**k? Looks like you’re hijacking screen names and talking garbage again … puS$y dumbf**k.

4. Echo Kilo 21 says:

I would like to see them toss each other salads and then munch on each others carpet. Then for a finally, go at it with toys.

2. Go Back to the Closet says:

Gross- America is sinking fast. Where are the parental controls on pictures like this? What happened to NORMAL family values?

3. Jason says:

A petty officer in the Navy is not an officer,

4. rankin1 says:

these 2 looking chicks aRE hot, better than the typical Rosie O,Donnel type.

5. Carlys says:

I agree, where have are values gone?? I think that don’t ask don’t tell was a great program and will be put back in place!!

1. sam says:

just crawl back under the rock you emerged from already!

6. Brian says:

I hope the military repeals the don’t ask don’t tell issue the only thing she can’t have is sex aborad the boat then she will be botted for that and by the way how come two guys warnt kissing they should let off gays and les off last after young childeren and families leave the pier or any other gathering place and most of all am surpries navy and military wives are not rasing a stink about gays and les serving openly in the military since it is soupse to be a family community period

7. Out Military says:

Thank you for your service sailors! We are paying homage to you at http://OutMilitary.com – the gay military network🙂

8. Whisky…Tango… Foxtrot says:

As a retired twenty-four year Navy veteran I must say….I thought that kiss was HOT!!