STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Ted Allen, the host of the Food Network’s Chopped, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to show us how to entertain on a budget over the holidays!
- Present personalized gifts by mixing homemade and purchased items
Instant Happy Hour
- Buy a case of a food friendly and affordable wine, like Robert Mondavi Private Selection Meritage, to send as great gifts
- Make the perfect happy hour snack
o Prepare marinated olives and parmesan crisps
o Round out your gift basket with salami and cheese
- Bake a batch of brownies… present the tasty treats in a new baking pan or slice up in bite sized pieces and gift on a tiered cake stand
- Throw in a small container of your favorite vanilla ice cream for the finishing touch!
Wines for Every Occasion
- Robert Mondavi Private Selection Meritage is a food-friendly option to enjoy
- Gifting a boss? Go unexpected and sophisticated with the Inniskillin Icewine – it is intense and sweet yet balanced with brilliant acidity
- Christmas or Hanukkah Dinners? Choose something versatile like a buttery Napa Valley Chardonnay or a Pinot Noir, like Estancia
- Celebrating the New Year? Keep budget in check and try the new Ruffino Prosecco, which clocks in under $15. The crispness is just the thing to pair with holiday bites!
For more information on Ted Allen, click here.