ARCADIA (CBS) — Power remained out for some 77,000 Southern California Edison customers Saturday, and SCE warned that some of those people may face extended waits for electric service repairs.
The utility began handing out emergency supplies such as ice, flashlights, and bottled water in the San Gabriel Valley.
SCE spokesman Gil Alexander said employees were also going door-to-door to provide safety information in areas struck by Wednesday night’s winds.
“We anticipate extended outages for some of our customers,” he said.
The emergency supplies were to be distributed at:
- Altadena: Altadena Community Center, 730 E. Altadena Dr.
- Arcadia: Los Angeles County Regional Park’s northeast corner parking lot, at Huntington Drive at Santa Anita Avenue
- La Canada-Flintridge: Community Park, 1327 Foothill Blvd.
- San Gabriel: Fire Station 51 at 1301 S. Del Mar Ave.
- Sierra Madre: Memorial Park, 222 W. Sierra Madre Blvd.
- Temple City: City Hall, 9701 Las Tunas Dr.
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)