LOS ANGELES (CBS) — High winds across the Southland forced multiple school districts to close their doors after as many as 250,000 residents were left without power on Thursday.
The Los Angeles Unified School District is among those that remain open, but there are some schools affected by wind damage and power outages.
Ellen Morgan, a public information officer with LAUSD, told KNX 1070 that dozens of schools will be on modified schedules over the course of the day.
The list of schools and/or school districts that will be closed on Thursday includes:
- Los Angeles Unified: all schools are open, with some on modified schedules
- Occidental College in Eagle Rock
- Arcadia Unified
- Alhambra Unified
- Azusa Unified
- Pasadena Unified, which includes schools in Sierra Madre
- Pasadena City College
- Westridge School for Girls in Pasadena
- Aveson Charter Schools in Altadena & Pasadena
- Mayfield Senior School
- San Marino Unified
- Glendora Unified
- Monrovia Unified
- La Canada Unified
- JPL Child Educational Center in La Canada Flintridge
- Crestview Preparatory in La Canada Flintridge
- St. Francis High School in La Canada Flintridge
- Campbell Hall in Studio City
- San Gabriel Unified