Family Heartbroken After Thieves Ransack Their Outdoor Christmas Decorations

MORENO VALLEY (CBS) — We haven’t even passed Thanksgiving and the grinches are already out!

The Rudd family was shocked to find that thieves had ransacked their outdoor Christmas decorations Monday night, stealing most of the expensive setup they had just put up.

The family said sometime last night between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. thieves came and took a portion of their decorations.

“They brought tears to my eyes because we put a lot of work and a lot of heart into it,” said Sandra Rudd.

The family spent a hefty penny on these decorations too — $1,600 in total.

“I’m just a middle class man trying to make people smile, put a smile on people’s faces, and they take it away from me,” said Ken Rudd.

It’s something the two parents didn’t get to enjoy much in their own childhoods, which makes it even more worthwhile to them.

“We actually grew up really poor and I remember being a kid and watching other families put up Christmas decorations,” said Sandra.

Now putting up decorations together has become a Rudd family tradition. Young Nathan enjoys fixing up the yard just as much as his mom and dad.

“I get home from work about 5 o’clock and I’m out working on it until 11:30, 12 o’clock at night,” said Ken.

The reward is the satisfaction they get watching passersby enjoy their nightly Christmas light show.

“They stop, they take their family photos in front of our hosue, they actually physically sit out on the curbs and watch me build stuff and put it up and hang it,” said Ken.

There are still some decorations left over, but the family now has them locked up in their garage after filing a police report on Tuesday morning. They’ll be placed back out on the yard, but this time with a security alarm and a camera on the roof.

christmas decorations stolen4 Family Heartbroken After Thieves Ransack Their Outdoor Christmas Decorations

(credit: CBS)

The Rudds also said they will follow through on their plan to put a collection box for the needy. The box will be placed outside starting Friday to gather canned and boxed food donations for those in need through their church.

Comments

1. Pam Hernandez says:

I don’t think waiting a week & a half would stop the thieves and maybe they put them up early because they have alot of decorations to put up.

2. Anthony Perlingos says:

Just more proof of what we already know. That as a society nationwide we are bankrupt and I do not mean just fiscally.

1. Jolynn says:

you are sooo right…….bankrupt in MORALS………and Holiday spirit and love for ones neighbors………my grampa would say “this world is going to hell in a hand basket”

1. Elvis says:

So right. Pray to god for this broken country, it needs help real bad. I can’t believe what the liberal hippies have done to this once great nation.

2. Ohio says:

Comedian and newy elected Mayor of Hillsboro, Ohio, Drew hastings, on Jay Leno last week, said the sadder part of going to hell in a hand basket, is that we are not even making Hand Baskets in the US any more..

Then you have a man who owns a compay in Ga, has signs oup around town statinghe will nothire any one new until Obama is out of office.. , now these jerks stealing Christmas stuff from a home! Oh well. Could be worse, we could have 9 % unemployment and a debt of 14 trillion..

WHAT WE Do. OH No head for the hills..

2. Mikey says:

That flat tire is PROOF that your car is falling apart!

I mean really? You’re holding up “some jerk stole someone’s Christmas decorations” as the torchbearer for the complete collapse of society and morals?

1. Coxm11 says:

It just the straw that broke the camels back sort of thing.

2. Glenn says:

Mikey you are a fool. Take a look around at the lack of common respect for our fellow man that has swept over our nation. Take a look at the videos children post on-line of hitting the old and special needs upside the head because it is funny to them. The punks who stole these folks decorations are a symptom of a sickness that has to be dealt with. As a civil society we have to take back our nation and get back to that which made us a grerat nation.

I pity people like you have eyes but do not see and have ears but do not listen.

3. redhog says:

OPEN your eyes mikey………

4. JonInVa says:

The inability to even remotely empathize with or understand why this particular story serves as a microcosm of all that is wrong with our country, is exactly what is wrong with this country.

5. John C says:

When there’s a pattern, there’s a problem.

6. smokehouse56 says:

This just proves one thing. Mikey is a liberal hater.

7. LaVonte d'Ashawn Jackson IV says:

Mikey, you are a typical liberal, incapable of distinguishing right from wrong. Yes, it is a clear-cut example of the moral bankruptcy of America’s irresponsible, lazy, non-productive entitlement crowd. These people are the backbone of the democrat party and get the full support of your hero, Hussein Obama and his communist America-hating protest crowd. I understand you are genetically predisposed to shrugging your shoulders at that kind of behavior, but the ones of us who love this country and provide you with handouts are disgusted by you and the human lice the left has become. That stealing Christmas decorations from these hard working, successful people doesn’t bother you is proof you are one of them.

8. jslab129 says:

Mikey is obviously about 15 years old.

3. Lily says:

Thank is why we never put up decorations anymore. At least outside.

4. Cindy Kaczmarski says:

So sorry for you yuor Son broke my heart when he said “they took my Minnie Mouse” IFor those heartless fools that said you “shouldnt have christmas decrations up before xmas” shame on you…..so you are saying it’s ok to steal. It takes a lot of time to get ready and when working you do what you can do when you can do it !!! I’m all about selebrating Thanksgiving first it is one of my favorite Holidays football ,Famly and food but that doesnt making stealing right. We have always starting putting our decorations up before but never turned them on till the day after Thanksgiving. I’m sorry for your saddness and loss !!

3. Leeta says:

Ashley, they were planning a food drive. What difference would a week make anyway. Get a clue.

4. Beez says:

Ashley, why do you care? Does that make the theft A-OK?

5. poooooo says:

California Again. So glad I left that filthy gang and criminal infested state.

Oh and Erick Scott was not targeted He was shot because he was HIGH AS A KITE on drugs shopping at costco with a loaded weapon. I am not anti gun, and have a CCW Myself.. but you dont do drugs and carry guns

1. Mark says:

… and you don’t put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving… comprende, senior?

1. Scott says:

Right, because as everyone knows, if you put up decorations before Thanksgiving, people have a right to steal your property as punishment. Moron.

2. rocco says:

Mark are you as big an idiot as you sound.

3. proudnot2bliberal says:

Mark did you parents drop you on your head or are you naturally that stupid?

2. Steve Hollar says:

Good for you. I’ve lived here all my 62 years and will be following you out. This state is dead. I think what has been proposed, to split it in two, one part conservative, one liberal, is a great idea. If that were done, I happen to be in one of the conservative counties and would consider staying. If not, the liberals can have this place as it sinks further into the sewer.

1. Suzie says:

California is on the brink of self destruction. The morels of the Hollywood trash make it easy for people to think that they can do as they please, “stealing Christmas decorations” really…………… I was born and raised in San Diego. I moved out of the cesspool in the late 70’s. It has gone to “hell in a hand basket”. I miss the ocean, but you couldn’t get me to return and live in a State that has so many languages that you need someone to interpret for you because you are the minority “English speaking”. Love the Midwest county, clean etc. God Bless the rest of our beautiful Country.

2. Lr says:

I wish this country would be split in two, conservative and progressive and each side have their own “president” etc…. Would be great and everyone from both sides can just shut up!!!!!

3. asdf says:

I live in California and my town is great… I love the people. The crime isn’t so bad here. Perhaps before generalizing everyone you should realize that there are multiple places within California with differnt crime levels? LA, SF and Hollywood are not California, only a small part.

1. nicademus says:

Where you live at asdf?

6. Fred says:

Thank goodness the NSA is too stupid to filter these blogs, then!

1. TD says:

I rarely type “lol.” But lol.

7. Alberto says:

No surprise, I live in Mexico, and I frequently had my front door light bulbs stolen. But there’s not definite way to know who the perp was

1. Bill in Houston says:

Sure there is, but they’d probably steal your closed circuit camera, too.

2. teaj says:

yes there is. I’m certain I know the kind of person and they are all the same.

8. Katrinka Yobotz says:

Not just stole, but ransacked? Definitely a hate crime.

9. Deb says:

California is the pucker of America.

10. Katheryn says:

Some people do not belong in the United States of America. They have no sense of values in belonging to a country that are far too high for the low lives that they truly are. Basically, stealing from these people for what they enjoyed doing for Christmas proves my point. They belong in third world countries, not a first world as this one. Prisons are filled with these vermin who are born to women who teach nothing about a country they have no clue about.

1. Deb says:

I couldn’t agree more. Every day I feel I can no longer be surprised, then I read a story like this one.

Some people believe it is okay to take belongings and money from hard working people. Makes me sick!

1. Rodney Johnson says:

those people are called OBAMA VOTERS.

11. Dave says:

Ashley, you are a MORON! I hope someone steals your stuff!!!

1. Off Duty says:

ashley really is an idiot.

12. Jolynn says:

why can’t some one ASSUME that they are going to live peacefully?????? THAT’S SO SAD……………… I say Assume Away……….we should all assume we can live peacefully and those who disrupt that ….Karma…….!!!!!

13. Capt America says:

To bad, but that’s what you get for living in the liberal cesspool called Los Angeles. You voted for the people who run you city and state now deal with it.

1. Happy in Tennessee says:

Exactly. That is why, more than a year ago, I left that POS state in my rearview mirror and have not looked back. I feel for my family members that remain there (by their own choice, despite having lost their sources of income more than 2 years ago), but I will never go back. That stinking cesspool of a state can fall into the damn ocean for all I care.

1. tt says:

Tennessee is a good place to be – My Son, Grandson n Daughter in law live there…. This place stays this bad …. we’ll be there too….We would already be gone if we didnt own our home….

2. Happy in Tennessee says:

You will love it here, tt. I have lived in Chattanooga for the last 18 months, and there is always something to do here. Atlanta and Nashville are both less than 2 hours drive away. Unfortunately, I will miss it. Have to move to the Tampa are for my job in December.

At least I can still visit…

14. Matt says:

Aw gee too bad. Here I sit laid off wondering how I will come up with just half the money these gluttons wasted on pointless glitzy garbage, so I can just pay my rent. Must be nice to have an extra $1,600 to waste on decorations.

1. Deb says:

It’s their money to do what they want with. As long as they are responsible and do not demand a bailout, then I am okay with it.

1. kitcole says:

Amen! Everyone can celebrate when and how they wish! Others should leave them alone and respect that right! I am glad they are collecting canned goods for the poor and needy – I hope they can put some decorations together and add to them and enjoy them even all through next year if they want to!

2. Laszlo says:

Good god, grow up you entitled puke. So let me get this straight – stealing from them was OK in your eyes, because they’ve managed their lives better than YOU did?

1. Matt says:

Gee, I didn’t realize that losing a job through no fault of my own because the company I worked for can no longer afford to operate is “mismanaging my life.” It’s so typical of people to resort to personal attacks when they can’t think of anything inteligent to respond with.

I did not say that stealing from them was OK. I was pointing out thier wonton wasteful spending, so typical of this engorged nation we live in.

2. ClearyJ says:

Matt –

That “wonton wasteful spending” put money in the pocket of someone else who has a job because that company makes sales. Your misfortune does not give you license to judge other people’s lives. And it sure doesn’t give you the right to judge them and then complain when others judge you in return. Now – what are you actively doing to better your situation? Is there anything you could be doing that you’re not? I’m not asking you to respond publicly. It’s your own business. But complaining about someone else’s ability to celebrate is not helping you have a better life even a tiny little bit; unless you’re simply looking for a way to blow off steam.

3. Scott says:

You attacked them first Matt. It’s their money and they can spend it on whatever they want. Do you grant others the right to dictate to you how you spend YOUR money? I imagine we could find a few wasteful things in your house. How about you worry about your own life and leave others to theirs.

4. Jared Larson says:

Time out.

The only time I ever heard of ‘wonton wastefulness’ was at a Chinese restaurant when somebody left without eating the soup.

Look up ‘wonton’ in a dictionary, fool. It’s a Chinese dumpling.

Not a way to describe something. Not sure what you’re driving at, unless you’re trying to compare this family’s yard with the tacky, plasticky decorations at many Chinese restaurants. If that’s it, I’m with you there.

Maybe it was their HOA, tired of their endless warnings being lost in this family’s clutter, er, ‘decorations.’

We put a wreath with a big red bow on our brick chimney, then spotlight it. Another wreath on the front door, some pine bough garlands and if I’m feeling particularly ambitious I might stake some white mini lights along the front walk.

Anybody who puts up an inflatable “decoration” in their YARD is just asking for ridicule. If it was inflatables that got stolen, somebody did this tacky family a favor.

Can’t get too down on them because they are spearheading a drive to help the poor, and there are so many since the eco-freakos turned off the water around here.

But a yard full of inflatable fashion crimes could have given nice presents to several families full of needy children.

I doubt it was Mexicans that stole this stuff. Has anyone checked the neighbors’ garages? The family looks like they’d be marvelous neighbors, but I sure wouldn’t enjoy living across the street from that house, especially since apparently they believe Thanksgiving is merely the midpoint of the Christmas season, which stretches from Halloween to, say, February.

No. Just no.

3. Smashicus says:

Maybe a cardboard box may be more affordable for you.

1. Matt says:

Maybe, but be careful that you don’t utter a self fufilling prophecy.

2. Smashicus says:

Been there, done that. Better yet I didn’t complain about how unfair the world was or dismiss people’s spending habits as wonton wastefulnes.

3. mac says:

Me too. Lost job after 25 years of dedicated service. Was unemployed for about an hour. Granted new job was selling cars (at 1/5th the salary) but at least it was a job! After 3 years of menial jobs finally got hired at about 2/3 of original salary. Had to settle for that. Not complaining. Happy to have what I have. I had to pound the pavement for a long time to get it though!

4. StarSamm says:

Matt I could not agree with you more. Also consider the $1600 they spent on these silly XMAS decorations prolly cost the Chinese who made them $120 at the most. The China slave labor factory owners are laughing all the way to the bank.

1. Chronicus says:

And people hate Vegas because they have too many global warming lights threatening first-nation whale-killers.

5. STFU just STFU says:

Matt, please give me your address so I can come by and give you a crippling beating to go with your unemployed, pathetic life.

1. Mark says:

… Merry Christmas,

6. James says:

You were probably laid off because the economy just doesn’t work with the government consuming 50% of GDP and wasting 95% of that buying votes. Your disgust with things would be better off directed at the government than someone’s silly attraction to colored lights.

1. Happy in Tennessee says:

Amen to that.

7. Dooby1 says:

But you’ve got money for the internet every month. And when you get rich you’ll be so much wiser. Stop watching MTV, Beavis.

8. ObserverNY says:

@Matt,

What a selfish, disgrace of a human being you are. This hard working family, who grew up poor, put a lot of “heart” into that display and despite being VIOLATED by godless thugs, still want to collect for those less fortunate than themselves.

God will reward these good people. Not you though, pal.

9. rocco says:

Matt, maybe that sitting so much is your problem, not how much money other people have or spend. Get a job and stop expecting someone else to solve your problems.

10. Jude says:

Maybe you do not understand how the world works, People buy product from companies and in turn they pay employees. You are falling into the class warfare that the media has put into your mind. Because they chose to decorate their home is no business of yours .Quit complaining as it appears that you still can afford to have the internet

11. proudnot2bliberal says:

they probably worked for it & didnt expect a bail out or to have everything handed to them like you OWS bums. take a shower & get a job & stop with the marxit class warfare the racist in the WH uses

12. JustAGuy says:

Matt, I don’t believe you’re laid off. Obama said since 2009 that he was focused like a laser on jobs jobs jobs. So there are no laid off people, because Obama has performed so well creating jobs, he deserves a second term.

13. proudnot2bliberal says:

Matt instead of sitting on your lazy butt collecting unemployment or welfare how about using the net to search for a job? Sorry to tell you dude the economy is down & you arent going to get that chief line cook job at McD back that you used to have at the same rate of pay. You may even have to move out of mommy & daddys basement to go somewhere that they have jobs even in another state.

14. Glenn says:

Matt since when is anything owed to you?
      What gives you the right to tell anyone how to spend their money?
      They earned it and they can do with it what they want.
      It is not your place to say a damn thing to them.
      Get off your dead ass and go find a freaking job

15. Chicago Guy says:

Matt “Here I sit laid off wondering”

You might do a little better if you stop “sitting and wondering”..

16. Deanna in Alberta CANADA says:

Maybe the money they spent on the ‘pointless glitzy garbage’ is keeping others employed.

Merry Christmas and may you get plenty of coal in your stocking to keep your house warm.

P.S. “Here I sit” … get off your ass and find a job or two. Feeling sorry for yourself doesn’t pay too much, does it!

17. Drew says:

That’s your problem Matt. You “sit” laid off” instead of getting off your lazy rear and trying to find work.Probably a die hard member of the “entitled” generation that wants everything handed to them.

It’s really sad you’re upset with a couple of hardworking people who would just like to enjoy something nice that they didn’t have growing up. Shame on them!

18. Steve Hollar says:

LMFAO. You silly fool. I am self employed, 62 years old, business is horrible, I have no retirement, and I’m losing the home I’ve lived in for 32 years. I applaud the Rudds for bringing some joy to people who see their decorations. Let me guess, you think the evil rich should have their money taken from them and given to you. How about doing what I’m doing, re-invent yourself, be resourceful, and get through this economic mess instead of putting people down for having a little more than you do.

19. Peneieve says:

Matt, you’re suffering from what is called “the sin of envy.”

How are the decorations “pointless” if they bring joy to the family and happiness to others?

My father used to be much worse of than you during the Great Depression – and was forced to leave school at 13 to help his family. Even then, he used to love to go to the wealthy side of town and see the fine houses, gardens and cars. Never envied them – was happy for them and wished them more!

He, like George Baily ended up “the richest man in town” – but not just in friends, as a businessman who employed many. He never would tolerate self pity, and taught us kids to shun envy – as someone should have taught you. Let go of the envy, Matt, iand spread some happiness.

20. Dano says:

Matt,

You need to get over the self pity party and move on with your life.

When this family purchased these decorations they kept the economy moving. Someone was paid to stock the shelves at the store, to bring the goods to the retailer, ship the goods from China, and someone in China was paid to produce them, the owner of the factory made money too. .

The economy is interconnected. What we need to do is grow the economy and not have our government try to pick winners and losers.

21. nheckt says:

With proper planning and not being a loser you too could have had an extra1,600 laying around. Aw geez to bad you are an idiot!!!!

22. Tom Walter says:

Matt = Tool

1. Beey says:

Matt = MEXICAN

23. Jen says:

Yes it is NICE and is something to aspire to. Sadly I’ve been in the same position (twice) as Matt and it is much nicer to have a job and extra money to bring cheer to others one way or the other. I don’t begrudge others for doing so.

24. jslab129 says:

Does that wonton spending come with an egg roll?

25. Hawkdriver1961 says:

Matt you are being eaten up by the green one eyed monster called jealousy. The man earned his money just as you did and is entiled to spend it as he pleases. Your anger is misplaced my friend. I know part of you feels entitled to that $1600 he spent, but your not…keep looking for a job and fight dispair. Things will work out….

26. Vette66 says:

Hey Matt, I’m 60+ and I’ve had 9 jobs to support my family. Of course some of them were part time along with my full time job. Some of the part times were not what I wanted to do, but it kept a roof over our head, food on the table and clothes on our backs. Matt try reading the help wanted ads. Bet you will find something out there to help ease the pain.

27. Ric W says:

Matt you’re an idiot. That’s why you don’t have a job. Stop being envious of hard working people. These people paid their dues (and taxes). Earned their money and could afford to buy whatever they did. Not only that, idiot — what they bought they chose to share with the community. They don’t owe you a @#$%! thing. More over stop feeling sorry for yourself and use that energy to try even harder at getting a better education and training.Then and only then will you — hopefully — get a job! And you won’t sound like such a jerk.

15. Dwight Nave says:

Now Occupy Los Angeles has their Christmas decorations.

1. Bubba says:

They used to be Occupy Flint, but back then they were known as the UAW.

16. Rod Johnson says:

EXECUTE THE THIEVES!!

1. mac says:

you mean ELECTROCUTE???

17. Paul B. says:

Does it ease the pain to blame the victim? This nation is rapidly descending into moral chaos.

18. Dave says:

I have contacted the station to offer a donation to the Rudd family to help them replace their decorations. I challenge all of you, and CBS to donate to the Rudds also. Let’s show them that though this world is going to hell, not everyone is ruined yet.

1. ClearyJ says:

I’d donate if I believed the police could nab and incarcerate the thieves. If there is a way to station a neighborhood watch for this family’s decorations, I’ll donate.

2. GLF says:

I think this is a great idea! Let’s restore faith in humanity this holiday season….

19. Vic says:

Good lord there are some class A jerks on the internet making stupid comments from the anonymity of their computers.

Makes me sick.

1. Smashicus says:

LOL. Good one. way to make your point.

2. Occupy Fresno says:

Touche, Fart Smeller, I mean, Smart Feller.

20. ClearyJ says:

You are a bitter, spiteful little soul aren’t you. Maybe you should start a “we support thieves who grinch for Christmas.” Merry Christmas, though you don’t deserve one.

21. irishsmile says:

30 years ago we lived in Highland Park. A close relative had been killed in a car wreck 2 weeks before Christmas. We had put up lights on our front porch right before the accident. The night that we had to go to his rosary, our neighbor’s punk kids stole all the lights around our front door. That was the end of Christmas lights for us in L A. Now we live in Oregon and put up a beautiful nativity scene in our front yard. and other lights. No vandalism at all.

1. proudnot2bliberal says:

But I’m sure it wasn’t his fault and his parents didn’t apologize or punish the pos. I’ll bet the punk kid is now demanding everything for free at the occupy LA.

2. LaVonte d'Ashawn Jackson IV says:

Irish, you must live in Bend. If you were anywhere near Portland or Salem those communist America-haters would complain to the city about your nativity scene and you would be arrested, jailed, fined and sentenced to160 hours community service in the state-run mosque and forced to attend state-sponsored sensitivity training.

22. melvin says:

The lights were stolen, because they had religous significance. Separation of church and state people, even on private property. Because all land belongs to the state. Private property is an urban legend, people just really lease they’re lots and acreage from the State.
    This type of behavior will not be tolerated by the State. Remember this or you will be visited to.

1. melvin says:

This is not an urban legend. There are kids out there that believe this type of junk being taught in gov. run schools. Kids are taught that anything associated with Chrismas is religous and it should be destroyed.

1. Mark says:

Urban legend?
        What rock are you climbing out from under?
        This is a real news story.

Good Lord, please get out of your basement once in a while.

2. HolidayLightShows says:

Melvin, You ARE an CLASS A Brain-Dead Idiot! I went to public schoolls and when I was in school we had the ‘Pledge of Allegience”, “Prayer in School” and, oh forbid, CHRISTMAS DECORATED CLASSROOMS with lights, nativity scenes, religious and whimsical themes that the students participated in And and forbid we also had CHRISTMAS PLAYS too.

These people OWN their home, the only thing is we pay taxes (which I don’t agree with) yearly for the priveledge to own a piece of property. The Givernment DOES NOT, NOR HAVE THEY EVER OWN A PERSONS’ PROPERTY, but they do tax it, which I do believe to be unfair, once you buy a home and property there should be NO MORE fees or anything else associated with it once it’s paid off. It’s also why I detest HOA’s and won’t buy into a neighborhood that has one!

So get your facts straight because apparently you are still in school and young, so you’re getting brainwashed by someone if you really believe this.

As for the folks Christmas decorating, I put up MY DECORATIONS for Halloween the last 2 weeks of September, I put up MY CHRISTMAS Decorations immediately after the Halloween decor comes down, usually start the first week in November, some folks I know put up their Decor starting in late July-early August because we do a computerized animated lightshow synchronized to music.

And that costs a LOT more than the $1,600 these folks spent, chances are they also do something similar from the way the article reads, PLUS they help folks (many of the folks that put up these type displays raise a lot of money for charitable organizations, humane societies, etc.

So those that take the attidude because these folks put up their decor BEFORE Thanksgivng have no clue what goes into the wiring and running of cables to make all this work, hundreds of hours are spent between doing the music to match the lights, enhancing it and putting it all up.

And to say someone deserves this is just completely the most insensitive, not to say meanest thing I’ve ever seen posted.

2. Publius Artis says:

Where did you learn to write for the love of Mike?

1. Melvin says:

Do not look at what I wrote, but understand what I said. You sound like your a product of government run education.

23. ohsweetashley says:

ashley. will you make out with me?!

24. pat says:

We have lost all sense of propriety and shame. We have become a hip hop nation.

25. Sharon Johnson says:

I’m so sorry for the Rudd’s misfortune”
    hope all will work out for you and you will have a Blessed Chistmas!!

26. DUH says:

Ashley wrote: “why on earth did they have xmas decorations up already?? they couldnt have waited just a week and a half??!”

******************
    Ashley, what’s the matter with you?

27. Real American says:

welcome to the land of obama voters/sycophants

as occuturds think they deserve all they can beg, borrow or steal

28. Jason says:

Probably some a-hole athiest

1. Mark says:

… because holiday lights are so damn religious…

1. SickTired says:

Mark
        Shut up Mexican.

2. HolidayLightShows says:

Holiday lights ARE NOT religious. Where do you get that from? I put up Christmas lights and I’m NOT of the Christian faith, grew up in it, but no longer a part of that. The only way it would be religiously themed is if you have a Nativity scene or a Crucifix in your lighting display. Santa Claus IS NOT a religious icon, he is actually a PAGAN icon!

And even if a person has “angels” in their display, common thought may be to think those are rteligious symbols, however they are used OUTSIDE Christian religions, even the Pagan community beleives in Angels and use them in their YULE displays.

And colored or even solid light strings have NOTHING to do with religion, they are just a pretty item to view and adorn a home, apartment, Christmas float or even your own personal vehicle if you so desire.

So to those that think Christmas lights are religious, think again as that is absolutely FALSE!

2. Lr says:

Probably some damn god loving freak who’s occupied with taking away women’s reproductive rights . Next time you call an Atheist an a-hole, spell it correctly. Happy Holidays!!!!

29. Mike says:

I’m sure it was people just here to do the jobs Americans won’t do. Does anyone here believe an American did this?

1. Jake Velazquez says:

Sure,

American Blacks do things like this ALL the time. I know, I lived in Philly for many years.

Tell me that’s not true.

That’s a pretty dumb question.

30. elf # 666 says:

That GPS Santa that beams his location would have been a good buy.

Santa knows who’s been naughty and who’s been vice ….

31. jack says:

ashley the village is missing it’s “idiot” please call home

32. gnarly says:

Mexicans. Can’t live with ’em, Can’t shoot ’em

33. steve says:

I hope this is being treated as a hate crime! God knows if someone’s Hannukah decorations were trashed there’d be cries of anti-semitism!

34. Joe Peep says:

So it is bad luck to put out Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving!

35. Opie says:

Oh well, from what I can see in the picture, there was nothing actually representing the true meaning of Christmas anyway. The only thing that got stolen was the commercial self gratification component of Christmas, so Christmas was not stolen, just a bunch of Wal-Mart end of year commercial sales items. No big loss here. If we as a society are going to promote the monetary aspects of Christmas, then we should not be surprised when people do not act like Christ — we are doing so little anymore to instill Christlike behavior. We are reaping what we sow.

1. Steve Hollar says:

Unfreaking believable. Can’t people have just a little bit of fun. Tell you what, you celebrate Christmas your way, I’ll celebrate it mine. I can’t believe how judgmental some of your people are. You must be Obama supporters.

36. ETEE says:

Not to Worry, Mr. Rudd!!! Your Christmas decorations have just been “re-distributed” to Obama’s “people”!!!

37. American says:

ISN’T OBAMA’S HOPE & CHANGE LEADERSHIP WONDERFUL?

38. derty Ernie says:

Many years ago I read a story in which the thief cut down a live lit and decorated tree in someones front yard and was dragging it to his car still lit up when the owner caught him.’
    Of course it was sad and unfortunately but for some resson my wife and I had to ironically laugh at some idiot wanting a tree so bad he cut someone elses beautiful tree down, lit and all.
    Anyways, that year my wife and I would be driving through neighborhoods looking at lights and I see a permanent tree and say, hey that would make a lovely tree in our living room and we would laugh.

39. derty Ernie says:

Whats worse this or the 50 afican americans who walked into a 7 11 the other day and stole everything in site. The new order spouted by the occupiers is if we can’t have it well take it.

40. Paul Battis says:

No way is this a Mexican crime. This reeks of white hipsterism. Mexicans tend to be very Christian and very pro Christmas. White hipsters. . . .not so much.

41. Dean Spencer says:

Have faith in your fellow man. . . . . . to take what’s yours if the oppurtunity presents itself

42. junnipersnippets says:

I hope the people in that community will go out and buy that sweet little boy some new Christmas decorations – and replace his stolen Minnie Mouse!

43. Tim says:

Rip off their arms and beet them in the head until it falls off, then use their head as a soccer ball. Probably an unhappy OWS person.

44. Joe says:

Matt, when I read a comment like yours the realization hits me that people are just stupid and its hopeless to try and organize a society to “care” for people like you. YOUR laid off so everyone else is a moron, and what they do is moronic. A lot of us are struggling but we aren’t pathetic. “Here I sit……” Maybe thats the problem.

45. Diego Roswell says:

I feel for the family but can’t figure out why they would be “shocked” living in a state where tens of thousands of CONVICTED criminals go free because of mis-managed state budgets, state employee unions come BEFORE public safety, the rule of law has no place, the people have no clue and speak no english.

46. J.j. Erler says:

Maybe they were both wrong? Whoever stole the lights was incredibly wrong to do so — but I think the people who put those lights up need to do a bit of thinking about the meaning of christmas as well. They are middle class people who spent $1600 on christmas lights??? Perhaps instead of putting a donation box up you should have donated $1500 to a local charity and spent $100 on lighting. I don’t think any of Jesus’ teachings had to do with putting lights up to celebrate holidays. I do remember him saying something about helping your fellow man. It makes it hard for me to feel too sorry for the people who got robbed because they obviously forgot the real meaning of Christmas. If it’s just about lights and presents, I’m not sure where morals come into it at all.

1. Steve Hollar says:

Oh please. You Christmas decoration police are too much.

2. jslab129 says:

Typical liberal ‘quoting’ Jesus. LMAO

3. jslab129 says:

And blaming the victim.

47. John Smith says:

Maybe the neighborhood HOA didn’t want a Griswald Christmas all up in da hood…

48. mojo says:

Next year use the $1,600 or so to help out at least a few needy in your area, and go with cheaper decorations maybe? At least they can hold in their hearts “the reason for the season”, and forgive those who tresspassed. No one can take that from them.

1. Joe Jericho says:

Not up to you how people spend their money.

49. Joe Jericho says:

It’s Moreno Valley. Can’t say I’m terribly surprised. Definitely feel for the family and those who enjoyed the show.

50. matt says:

Had my decorations stolen twice in the last 3 years. Even had them chained and locked down last year. I lived just a stone”s throw outside of Detroit.

51. raul torrez says:

the thieves are called obama voters aka occupiers. how do you like liberalism so far?

next time Vote Right!

52. raul torrez says:

ignorant obama voters aka occupiers are to blame. whay waste good pepper spray when lead is cheaper and much more effective

53. dave says:

Well they were obviously part of the 1 % who had way more lights then they needed. You certainly can not fault those with no lights from taking what is rightfully theirs.

Obama’s new redistributing “winter holiday” lights program at work.

1. mainerinexile says:

love it!

54. well duh says:

lol Mexicans.

55. John Ashton says:

This is one of the draw back of putting up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving . Sorry your stuff was stolen but, people are very bored and do some stupid things here in California. I don’t know why; perhaps, its the weather.

56. Eval Cramm says:

I suppose Democrats will plead for understanding for the punk morons that did this.

57. Shantiqua says:

Whadaya expect? A lot worse stuff than that happens in that small town. It’s completely fuxated. Diversity is perversity.

58. MAJOR DAD says:

I lived in Torrance CA for many years myself until the liberal politicians and their crazy tax schemes drove me out in 2009. Torrance always had the most beautiful Christmas displays and I still love the geographical state of CA more than anyplace I’ve ever lived – USA, Asia or Europe. But the liberal mindset and politicians that infest CA are a magnet for freeloaders, thieves and those who disrespect the values of others. CA, I miss you – but not the trash who pose as politicians and destroy the state!

59. Pancho Villa says:

damn meehicans…bunch of thieves…they took my job!!

60. fanden says:

he shuda had a security camera system already installed. You would not beleive what cameras catch, even on your own property. He might have seen who it was-probly his own f’n nbrs…

61. dave davidson says:

I live across the street from them. I am sick of their over the top bring in the crowds show. It impacts my life so yes I stole those decorations.

I watched them put them up and this big grin came over my face as I realized what I had to do this year.

Booyah! It feels good looking at their decorations in my garage and people will blame illegals for stealing them.

1. Jose says:

dave davidson
      Don’t be so ashamed of being a MEXICAN. It’s embarrassing.

62. HolidayLightShows says:

There are a MULTI-TUDE of idiots making comments about this family’s situation and it sure doesn’t make me proud to call myself an American with the downright idiocy of some of the commenters on this site. Just unbeleivable that so many don’t have a clue as to why folks spend money on their holiday decorations. And I’ll bet those condemning these foolks for spending their OWN money on this stuff probably have a lot of things they don’t need that they spend big amounts of money on too. Where a person or how a person spends THEIR MONEY IS THEIR BUSINESS, NOT ANYONE ELSES!

63. mainerinexile says:

yes, people who steal others’ property should be shot on the spot. BUT… part of the reason we’re bankrupt is… wait for it…: $1600 in DECORATIONS!!! we have become more concerned about the OUTSIDE, and PERCEPTION than we have with the INSIDE, and MORALS… like they say, “a fool and his money are soon parted…” “christmas decorations” do not a Christian, make…nor is there a “santa” – giving divine attributes to a fictitious character amounts to idolatry…

64. mainerinexile says:

i’m noticing something interesting from all the comments – people in conservative areas don’t have things stolen, people in liberal areas DO have things stolen… NUF SAID…

65. Michele says:

Why does the writer of the article spell “house” as “hosue?”
    Where did the writer go the school???
    Oh sorry, perhaps an “editor” did not catch the mis-spelling????

1. HolidayLightShows says:

Maybe they and the editor are DYSLEXIIC! LOL

Seriously though, if a person has even a mild form of it, they still can do this with the simplest of words. I have a mild form of it and it can be quite the nuisance, as well as frustrating. Be great if this site had a way to EDIT your comments after posting. Sometimes I miss my own reversed letters or misspellings due to this and would go back and edit those I find in error that I didn’t catch on my 2nd or 3rd proof-read before I hit the submit button!

1. HolidayLightShows says:

Juts like I just caught the two i’s in Dyslexic! But can’t fix it!

66. tomas says:

OCCUPY SANTA!!!!!!

67. Gabriel Jericho says:

Why isn’t this considered a HATE crime. If someone had put up decorations for Ramadan and the same thing had happened the media would be screaming for the perps heads on a stake. I have a lifesize Manger Scene in my front yard. It took me untold hours to build. If something were to happen to it the CRIMINALS should be charged with a Hate crime and nothing else. It would only have to happen once for the word to get out. If the CRIMINALS get a REAL punishment, they may think twice, if they can think at all.

68. AeroJack7 says:

Illegal aliens. They steal anything and everything, even if bolted to the ground.

69. jslab129 says:

Kalifornia, the cesspool of the USA.

70. Eagle Patriot says:

These idiots with the decorations should be charged with creating a public nuisance and wasting the cops time. Put up a wreath like normal people.

71. Nick says:

Jeeze, I’d be willing to bet it was their neighbors – and I wouldn’t blame the neighbors for doing it.

72. Ron says:

I bet the decorations were stolen by a neighbor who hated the Las Vegas display and all the commotion it caused on the street.

73. Neal Avery says:

You need to remember that people of other religions in America might be offended or feel threatened by Christmas decorations.

74. Masta says:

The Norman Rockwell picture of a “real” American yard is a relic of a past existence that a new “white party” is going to get back one way or another. Thieves and parasites have taken over our city, state and federal government. We live in a land of thieves and morally corrupt losers. The state of California is the most corrupt government in the western hemisphere and after you get robbed you don’t hear a word from the police out here. I know because my business just had all it’s computers and flat screen stolen in San Diego and not a peep.

75. Mjm says:

About 20 years ago some vandals stole and damaged my neighbor and my decorations. My neighbor was a marine Vietnam Nam vet, an ex cop, a criminal defense attorney, and an international Judo competitor. Suffice to say they messed with the wrong guy. He staked out his own home and when they came back he pounced on one of them and held him with a gun and said “You think you are going to steal my %#^{#}%* decorations?” He then “let” the kid get loose and chased him off his property and fired his gun into the ground a few times. no one ever messed with our yards again. true story.

76. RapidG says:

Maybe it was the taste police who took the stuff. Why is it that some people think that buying junk pieces from WalMart and sticking them all over their lawn is tasteful? Their house probably looks much better now!

77. Prorudd's says:

And this happens at Thanksgiving time. A time when Americans give thanks to a meal that was shared by the Indians and the Pilgrams. How soon after this “shared” meal did the pilgrams start shooting the Indians? Because of that chance meal now we are buying Indians casinos … and for this we celebrate?

78. yonex badminton says:

I agree with you, but please look at yonex badminton rackets.

79. garmin nuvi 1300 says:

Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clarity for your post is simply nice and i could think you are a professional on this subject. Well with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to keep up to date with coming near near post. Thank you a million and please continue the rewarding work.

80. Steam Cleaner Reviews says:

Thank you for every other excellent article. Where else could anyone get that type of info in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the look for such info.

81. מוסיקה לאירועים says:

Magnificent publish, very informative. I’m wondering why the other specialists of this sector do not realize this. You should proceed your writing. I am confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!|What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different customers like its helped me. Good job.