7 Pasadena-Area Young Women Chosen For 2012 Tournament Of Roses Royal Court
PASADENA (CBS) — Seven young ladies from the San Gabriel Valley were chosen Monday to serve on the Tournament of Roses Royal Court, which will preside over the annual Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game.
The Royal Court members were chosen from a field of 34 finalists. More than 1,000 teens and young women applied for spots.
The members of the Royal Court are:
– Morgan Eliza Devaud, 18, La Canada High School;
– Stephanie Grace Hynes, 18, Maranatha High School;
– Cynthia Megan Louie, 17, La Salle High School;
– Kimberly Victoria Ostiller, 17, Flintridge Preparatory School;
– Drew Helen Washington, 16, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy;
– Hanan Bulto Worku, 17, Pasadena High School; and
– Sarah Nicole Zuno, 17, Benjamin Franklin High School
“We could not be more proud of the seven young ladies that will be representing the Tournament of Roses as the 2012 Royal Court,” said Amy Wainscott, chair of the Queen and Court Committee. “They were selected from a pool of the most talented and poised in the Pasadena area. They are outstanding role models and will be wonderful ambassadors for the Tournament of Roses.”
The Rose Queen will be selected from among the seven Royal Court princesses on Oct. 18.
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)